Floor pans

Notches, fastbacks, squarebacks.
Blitzkrieg_Beetle

Floor pans

Post by Blitzkrieg_Beetle »

ello all.I am a type 3 enthusiast residing in Southern Africa Very Happy

I purchased my first ever Aircooled VW a month ago, it is a 1967 Fastback which needs a total restoration. most of the bodywork has minor/fixable rust, but the worst part is the floor pan.The pans are completely rusted through and if you stand on them, you will probably fall right through Rolling Eyes

As it is not very easy to find a decent Type3 floor pan here in South Africa, I would like to fabricate a set of pans from sheet metal etc.Does anybody perhaps have a Type 3 chassis blueprint or exact dimensions of the pans? If someone has the exact the exact dimensions, I could simply give them to an experienced metal crafter/fabricator and let them make me a set...

So please, if someone has the answers to my questions, let me know as soon as possible, it is really urgent, I would like to get cracking with my project...

Looking forward to hear from some experienced people here..
Blitzkrieg_Beetle

Post by Blitzkrieg_Beetle »

*bump*
69square67parts

do you still need them?

Post by 69square67parts »

I can make them, or send pics, and measurements
Deckie27

Re: do you still need them?

Post by Deckie27 »

69square67parts wrote:I can make them, or send pics, and measurements
Where are you?
and you can make floors for a type 3?
kombi211

Post by kombi211 »

i had a new set fabricated for my 68 square not to long ago. they are a exact match all the ribs in the correct spot. when i lived in the states i could not get something like that done. Now that i moved to the Philippines its easy. I can have just about any body part i want made if i cant find it NOS here. Type3 parts are everywhere here. ANd no one wants them. Just got my hands on 50 pair of NOS german rear drums