CB intake manifolds injectors

Fuel Supply & Ignition Systems
glasscake

CB intake manifolds injectors

Post by glasscake »

I have been having some trouble fuel injecting my type one for sub 1k; So close yet the biggest block in the road has been reached.
These manifolds are really kicking my butt.

http://www.cbperformance.com/product-p/7362.htm

I'm getting a huge air leak through the fuel injector. (idling at 2.8k)

I can not find out what fuel injectors I can use on this manifold. I tried some Toyota EV1s and some injectors off a crown Vic and I really do not want to shill out 200$ for 4 fuel injectors...
( http://www.cbperformance.com/product-p/7374.htm )

Has anyone else had any luck with this manifold?
Piledriver

Re: CB intake manifolds injectors

Post by Piledriver »

You can use a lot of different injectors, the seal orings and hold down setup you use will vary.

You simply need a larger cross section oring than what you have.
The oring around the injector nozzle end must slide into the hole a bit tight, wipe of grease helps.
If it flops around in the hole... No fun will be had. :twisted:
glasscake wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:08 pm ....I really do not want to shill out 200$ for 4 fuel injectors...
You gotta shop harder...
I have 4 sets of injectors, 2 sets at 230cc one set at 450cc and a set of new matched low-Z 1000s ($50. Really).
I haven't quite spent $200 yet, and a couple of those sets of injectors came with nice usable ITBs.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
glasscake

Post by glasscake »

Piledriver wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:26 pm You can use a lot of different injectors, the seal orings and hold down setup you use will vary.

You simply need a larger cross section oring than what you have.
The oring around the injector nozzle end must slide into the hole a bit tight, wipe of grease helps.
If it flops around in the hole... No fun will be had. :twisted:
Yeah i noticed they did have quite a bit of slop in there. I measured the manifolds and they have a diamater of .540ish while my orings are only .550, 7thou crush on an oring did not sound like alot to me... I saw that there are .580" orings but i have not found any injectors that have them...

What brand / style ext injectors are you using (assuming you're using this manifold)
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

I have used several manifolds on different engines, I have not run that one, but its a very common issue.
You can get orings with different cross sections as well, that is what you need.
The cross sections run from 1/16" to 1/4"... Most auto parts stores can provide.

Based on the hole and injector body OD you should be able to look up the "correct" size, but its really not that hard to take the manifold end and injector with you to the parts store to find a size that works.

At the moment I'm using pico injectors originally from a Yamaha Jet ski on factory T4 manifolds.
I used a simple SS ear welded on the cut in half Yamaha fuel rail that connects to the factory manifold injector hold down studs, it was tacked together with no seal oring, so it has a preload for the face seal once the oring is in place..
Yours setup uses a larger hole and just has to fit inside with some squish.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.