Any Houston TX shops that tune?

Fuel Supply & Ignition Systems
sweetguth

Any Houston TX shops that tune?

Post by sweetguth »

Hey guys,

I started a Manx clone project and have decided to run an EJ25 N/A for longevity and additional power. I am getting to the point where I need to pick out an ECU to run the darn thing and have some tenability.

I am new to EMS setups and will most likely need assistance in picking an ECU and the install.

Can anyone of you recommend an entry level stand alone with tech support?

How about a shop in the Houston area if I get in over my head?

Thanks amillion,
SG
Jadewombat

Re: Any Houston TX shops that tune?

Post by Jadewombat »

I have the full version of Tuner Studio if you decide to go Megasquirt you can come over and we can do the adapt a tune setting just to get it going initially. But no, I don't know of any shops that would mess with it.

I have no experience with EMS if you go that route, but they would be supporting it I imagine.
Clonebug

Re: Any Houston TX shops that tune?

Post by Clonebug »

I saw quite a few Buggies with Subaru engines in them at the Manx Club Big Bear Run and all that I talked to were running the stock ECU and wiring harness from the car they came out of.
They were all stock engines turbo and non turbo with no modifications for more power.

There are a few people that modify the wiring harness to work with your engine.

Most recommend using the harness out of the car the engine came from and just remove the unused wires.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.