First startup w/ fuel injection

Fuel Supply & Ignition Systems
thedrew

First startup w/ fuel injection

Post by thedrew »

Hey Folks,

I'm slowly working my way toward swapping out my carbs (yes!)

Can someone walk me through how exactly you pick your initial values for your fuel table? I know once its running then you tweak values, but you gotta start somewhere. Do you start really low until you get it to start?

I have some 32.5lb injectors, does anyone have a first run table that I could start off of?

Thanks!
volksbugly

Re: First startup w/ fuel injection

Post by volksbugly »

What ECU are you using. If your using Megasquirt it can generate base line fuel tables that then you can work off of.
Fuel Settings --> VE Table -->Tools -->VE Table Generate

Thats if your using Tuner Studio
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Go to "Basic Load Settings"
Then "Engine and Sequential Settings"
Fill in all the blanks as far as injection settings, injector size in cc's, number of injectors, engine size in cc's and all the others.

If you are going sequential then there are a lot more tables to fill in.
My injectors are #32 which equals 336cc's

Once you fill them in.... hit the required fuel button and it will generate a table.

You can tweak the required fuel if the numbers in the VE table seem too high. Get it running and warmed up and then you can start changing the VE table to get the AFR's where the engine wants them.

All this is with MS-2 and TunerStudio.
Yours might look a little different.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
Steve Arndt

Post by Steve Arndt »

With those injectors and 3 bar base pressure you will come in around 2.5 ms at idle, scaling up with load. Every ECU is different and so is every engine but the basics still apply.
thedrew

Post by thedrew »

Thanks everyone for the tips! I'll prolly swap over next week or so! Can't wait