MS-II idle issues...

Fuel Supply & Ignition Systems
Volky

MS-II idle issues...

Post by Volky »

Good day to all,

Last Friday I washed the engine compartment of my 1970 VW Beetle lightly and hours later when I went to turn it on it had a hestitation at idle then it started to stumble but never turned off. When hot there is no stumbling whatsoever.

I included a video of the issue which shows on Tunerstudio. Also, the "files"!!! :P

http://youtu.be/xysXSVew0QM

Thank you,
1970 VW Beetle with 2109cc turbo with MS-II v3.0, wasted spark, electronic boost controller, dual table, launch control and 3.88 tranny. All done by me...:) t03 running 48lb. Injectors, Intercooler, Water/Meth injection at 15psi.
Chip Birks

Re: MS-II idle issues...

Post by Chip Birks »

Looks like resets too me. What does a datalog show?
Max Welton

Post by Max Welton »

If it's a reset your ASE values will be kicking in. Check your log.

Max
Volky

Post by Volky »

Good day to all,

I thought I posted the log and msq here. For your reference, it's on another site:
http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 392b687c47

Chip & Max, the ASE does kick in. How do I correct this issue? I haven't done anything to cause this matter. I was think of reflashing the ECU.

Thanks,
1970 VW Beetle with 2109cc turbo with MS-II v3.0, wasted spark, electronic boost controller, dual table, launch control and 3.88 tranny. All done by me...:) t03 running 48lb. Injectors, Intercooler, Water/Meth injection at 15psi.
Max Welton

Post by Max Welton »

How you correct it depends on what is causing it.

When did the resets begin? What else was going on at that time?

If it started when you washed the engine compartment I would think you got water into something that is causing problems.

Max