Wiring my Innovate MTX-L AFR guage...

Fuel Supply & Ignition Systems
ecksrash

Wiring my Innovate MTX-L AFR guage...

Post by ecksrash »

I received my MTX-L and have a few questions regarding wiring this up so I can monitor the AFR and jet my IDAs. I may want to utilize a relay and am curious to know where I can find an appropriate relay? This will be going into a '67 type1. The wiring on my car is in good shape and is pretty close to the illustration in the Bentley manual for a '67. I already have some items powered from the fuse box and don't want to over load the fuses that are affected by the ignition switch. Thanks for any info.
miniman82

Re: Wiring my Innovate MTX-L AFR guage...

Post by miniman82 »

Any automotive relay from FLAPS should do the trick.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

I doubt that Wideband will draw enough to hurt anything.

Wire it off the horn fuse or the flashers. those don't get used much and with flasher you probably won't be driving anyways.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
ecksrash

Post by ecksrash »

Thanks you, If I opt to run the relay should I mount it behind the dash or closer to the battery? Also what gauge wire should I use? Will the length of wire matter?
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Ground it near where your ms3 is going to end up.
They will need to be grounded together to use together.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
ecksrash

Post by ecksrash »

Thanks for all the input. I've had the wideband up and running for about six weeks now. Having other issues with the engine. I'll pick up tuning when those issues are taken care of.