No power...

Fuel Supply & Ignition Systems
Volky

No power...

Post by Volky »

Good day to all,

On Friday I was using the car at WOT on all shifts and I hit the launch control button on the last shift when PUFF and loss of power????

I looked at the wideband and it was at 16's to 17's. When accelarating it just did not have power. I was around three minutes from home so I got there in 2nd shift. At home I opended the lid and noticed you can leave your hand on the cylinder head tins without getting burnt on 2 and 4.

I changed the coil and nothing... I checked the MSII leds and both blink, so I believe I can discard the ECU. Today I am going to buy the spak plugs and hope it's done.
1970 VW Beetle with 2109cc turbo with MS-II v3.0, wasted spark, electronic boost controller, dual table, launch control and 3.88 tranny. All done by me...:) t03 running 48lb. Injectors, Intercooler, Water/Meth injection at 15psi.
Chip Birks

Re: No power...

Post by Chip Birks »

Did you blow a gasket?
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

The switch isn't possibly stuck?
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
Volky

Post by Volky »

Good day,
I figured out the issue, something fell on the relay board and whacked the spare4 cable which is my coilB wire. I made some mods to that portion of the relay board. Hopefully it will turn on today.
1970 VW Beetle with 2109cc turbo with MS-II v3.0, wasted spark, electronic boost controller, dual table, launch control and 3.88 tranny. All done by me...:) t03 running 48lb. Injectors, Intercooler, Water/Meth injection at 15psi.
Volky

Post by Volky »

Good day,
I figured out the issue, something fell on the relay board and whacked the spare4 cable which is my coilB wire. I made some mods to that portion of the relay board. Hopefully it will turn on today.
Volky

Post by Volky »

Success...works normal again.