VFR800 Questions

Fuel Supply & Ignition Systems
Cragrobbo

VFR800 Questions

Post by Cragrobbo »

Hey guys, I have read all the threads on here about carious injection systems. Still a little contused.

I am really liking the VRF800 route, however I see no MAF or MAP sensors on them?

According to miniman I use an Accumulator (I am unsure what that is)

DO I need any other sensors, like Lambda or air intake, a trigger wheel?

I am still learning and if I go the route of Bike carbs what else do I need with them as far as sensors?

Thanks

Craig
Max Welton

Re: VFR800 Questions

Post by Max Welton »

The MAP sensor will be external, not part of the TB. If you are using Megasquirt, the map sensor is mounted in the ECU container. You just run a vacuum hose from the manifold to the ECU.

Max
Max Welton

Post by Max Welton »

Actually, I think Pile and Mini are giving you great info over in this other thread. You should continue the discussion over there.

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic ... 2&start=15

Also, there is a lot of good reading over at http://www.msextra.com/.

Max
Cragrobbo

Post by Cragrobbo »

Thanks max. Yeah pile and miniMan have been a fantastic help very much in their debt.

I was hoping to get a clearer understanding of bike itb specifically but I think I'm getting there and I hope to start buying the parts this payday
Dale M.

Post by Dale M. »

Do not let the fact that its a bike TB confuse you... TB's are mainly (in theory) just a air flow control valve, with a sensor on shaft to tell ECU how much its is open... And a place to mount injector...

Dale
"Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson
1970 "Kellison Sand Piper Roadster"
Cragrobbo

Post by Cragrobbo »

Dale M. wrote:Do not let the fact that its a bike TB confuse you... TB's are mainly (in theory) just a air flow control valve, with a sensor on shaft to tell ECU how much its is open... And a place to mount injector...

Dale
Understood, Thanks.

Still getting my head around the required sensors for the system.

From what the guys said in the other thread I think I have narrowed it down to:
[*]
Crank sensor(for RPM and firing I presume?)
Accumulator for the Throttle bodies which will then goto a MAP sensor
Lambda Sensor (Wideband)
Air temperature sensor

I was also Suggested a coolant sensor but wherre does this attach on an aircooled motor?
Dale M.

Post by Dale M. »

Cragrobbo wrote:
Dale M. wrote:Do not let the fact that its a bike TB confuse you... TB's are mainly (in theory) just a air flow control valve, with a sensor on shaft to tell ECU how much its is open... And a place to mount injector...

Dale
Understood, Thanks.

[*]
Lambda Sensor (Wideband)
Air temperature sensor

I was also Suggested a coolant sensor but wherre does this attach on an aircooled motor?
Most Coolant sensors are to tell ECU when engine has warmed up enough to adjust back idle richness to desire lean for proper idle air/fuel ratio... Most people use sensor off the head or crankcase which reads oil temperature or you can add one on/near exhaust flange so as engine (exhaust) heats up it fools ECU into thinking the "coolant" is up to temp and do its thing and adjust air/fuel mixture control.... Might be less confusing to just drop the word "coolant" out of the wording.....

Dale
"Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson
1970 "Kellison Sand Piper Roadster"
Cragrobbo

Post by Cragrobbo »

Dale M. wrote:
Cragrobbo wrote:

Dale
Understood, Thanks.

[*]
Lambda Sensor (Wideband)
Air temperature sensor

Most Coolant sensors are to tell ECU when engine has warmed up enough to adjust back idle richness to desire lean for proper idle air/fuel ratio... Most people use sensor off the head or crankcase which reads oil temperature or you can add one on/near exhaust flange so as engine (exhaust) heats up it fools ECU into thinking the "coolant" is up to temp and do its thing and adjust air/fuel mixture control.... Might be less confusing to just drop the word "coolant" out of the wording.....

Dale

Gotcha, that makes seance now.

Craig