Muffler recomendation needed

Fuel Supply & Ignition Systems
Jeff Herriman

Muffler recomendation needed

Post by Jeff Herriman »

Hello
I have a 1915 dual carb t-1 set up. The headers have a 1 1/2 in extractor. I had a quiet muffler installed. Top end performance went in the tank. From a suggestion I have installed a "stinger" exhaust with a minor baffle. The top end performance has improved but way too loud for the neighborhood.
I have found a "Cherrybomb Vortex" muffler which advertises a flow rate better than the stinger. Has anyone had an experience with the Cherrybomb or do you recommend another brand?
THX
JH
Jeff Herriman
Puma GTC
San Diego,CA
Clonebug

Re: Muffler recomendation needed

Post by Clonebug »

Put a SuperTrapp on it and you can tune it for as much or little noise you want.

The more discs you put in the less back pressure and you can also put a Off Road end on it which makes it a straight through exhaust.

I have ran one on my 1600 Carbed engine and now have it on my turbo engine.

Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
gearheadgreg

Post by gearheadgreg »

IMO - Resonators, or cherry bombs, aren't very effective at reducing noise. They can take the edge off, like a baffle in a stinger, but that's about it. I would go for a good flowing muffler like a Dynomax Super Turbo or the like.
Dealer for Alloy Wheels & Period H4s and Fog/Driving Lights

http://www.greggearhead.com
vw1970

Post by vw1970 »

i just put one on my 1776cc efi turbo engine 2 weeks ago and i love it, 2.5" in/2.5" out. Here's a link to the one i have; http://www.carid.com/universal-exhaust- ... 30640.html. they have a huge selection of different orientations to chose from too