staged injection questions

Fuel Supply & Ignition Systems
gearheadgreg

Re: staged injection questions

Post by gearheadgreg »

7800rpm on a type 1 is impressive to me!

Bike engines typically run 11:1 or more, and rev really high - the showerhead injector is supposed to give more time for the fuel to vaporize, cooling the intake tract and condensing the air somewhat more. I think we are talking pretty small percentages, but at that level, and in that competitive of a market, it may make a bigger difference.
Dealer for Alloy Wheels & Period H4s and Fog/Driving Lights

http://www.greggearhead.com
Redline Weber

DUAL injection questions

Post by Redline Weber »

I have found some merit when TWO injectors ARE used in one port, normally NOT staged but fired at different piston positions.

First, the cost of using two injectors is often greater when bought new, though in a "second hand yard" one might be able to find two small modern injectors for little cost.
Next, one might need to own a machine shop that could create the required fuel rails, brackets, and wiring for only the cost of ones time.
Last, the fuel injector of choice is REQUIRED the produce fuel droplets of SMALL size at higher than common line pressure.

The EMS used would also reflect cost as the eight injection channels are required to be activated at different times and synchronized to piston position/engine valve position.

Lance

r