MS2 Options, Injectors, MAP vs TPS etc

Fuel Supply & Ignition Systems
Mase_00_7

MS2 Options, Injectors, MAP vs TPS etc

Post by Mase_00_7 »

Hi guys,

I'm talking with the chap at ExtraEFI here in the UK about a fuel only (for now) MS2 setup, and would like to know a little more about what other parts will be needed, sizes etc.

I have a '71 T2, 1800 Type 4 with Web Cam 142 (I think, it's the basically stock grind...), 40mm/33mm valves, 3-angle valve seats with mild port/polish, running about 7.6:1 CR.

This thing will barely ever see over about 4,000rpm and will be driven nice and gently, so with that in mind what throttle bodies would you suggest? I was going to go with the standard T4 setup but I see GSXR/VFR800 ITB's going on eBay for not alot of cash, and they are almost new with injectors. What manifolds would I need if I went the ITB route?

Based on my expected RPM's/Engine size etc I've used a calculator that says injectors should be around 160cc/min. Sound reasonable? Fuel economy and driveability is the aim here, not balls out peak power.

The bus will be used in the Alps over winter, so will see elevation of around 5,500ft ASL and temperatures as low as -20*, so cold start is a big priority and so is baro correction. Can I use a combo of MAP and TPS for the fuel (possible? if not is it best to go TPS?), and then add a second MAP sensor for baro correction?

I think that's enough for now!! Any help and advice is greatly appreciated :mrgreen:

Cheers, Paul.
Mase_00_7

Re: MS2 Options, Injectors, MAP vs TPS etc

Post by Mase_00_7 »

would something like these do the job for manifolds:

I could then have them drilled and have the injectors fire directly at the valves, or is 40mm too big for this application? I'm thinking the valves are 40mm so these should be ok??
Jadewombat

Re: MS2 Options, Injectors, MAP vs TPS etc

Post by Jadewombat »

160cc will work fine.

Why the low compression though? Knock doesn't happen until 9.0-9.3 or so. Or are you planning on running a turbo at some point?