36-1 Trigger Wheel for upright converted Type 4

Fuel Supply & Ignition Systems
shambly

Re: 36-1 Trigger Wheel for upright converted Type 4

Post by shambly »

I've had a batch of basic 5mm laser-cut trigger wheels made to compliment the CNC machined ones I offered previously. So I can now offer two options:

bracket + VR sensor + basic wheel for $95 shipped to the USA (tracked and insured). £64 shipped within UK
bracket + VR sensor + deluxe wheel for $135 shipped to the USa (tracked and insured). £94 shipped with UK

Here is one fitted to my DTM equipped engine (pulley tin removed for clarity)

More details here, but please don't use the site to order from outside the UK. Send me a PM or email instead

http://www.hamblyindustries.co.uk/shop/i701

Thanks,

Simon
UKLuke72

Post by UKLuke72 »

Hey Shambly, can you give me the dimensions of that VR you're using? I'd like to use my Honeywell HE sensor on your trigger wheel :)

Also, have you got a pick of the TW bolted onto a T1 pulley?

Thanks
shambly

Post by shambly »

The sensor tip is contained within a 37mm long cylinder of 14mm diamete, mounted on a base. The fixing tab for the base is 15mm offset from the centre of the cylinder, with an 8mm hole. Can send a basic cad model of it if it is any use to you.

The trigger wheel is designed to mount onto a type IV flange, not a T1 pulley. A conversion pulley mounts on the flange infront of the trigger wheel.

Simon
Redline Weber

Post by Redline Weber »

Just a quick question :

Would it be possible to move, change the Gap of the crank sensor with the pressure of your hand ?

Lance
UKLuke72

Post by UKLuke72 »

Do you make said conversion pulley?
shambly

Post by shambly »

UKLuke72 wrote:Do you make said conversion pulley?
No, I don't.
shambly

Post by shambly »

Redline Weber wrote:Just a quick question :

Would it be possible to move, change the Gap of the crank sensor with the pressure of your hand ?

Lance
Lance,

Yes, The top mounting bolt can be loosened, adjusted, and tightened with the pulley in place. That alters the gap in that plane (in/out).

The sensor-to-backet mounting slot gives you (non-independant) adjustment in both the in/out and front/back planes, and should be setup first for the correct front/back alignment.

What I did when I installed on my own car is bolt on just the pulley, align the sensor and bracket, then bolted on the pulley as well.

The square cut (basic) trigger wheel diameter value was determined so that the bracket position is unchanged between the two trigger wheel designs, and both retain the same amount of adjustment capability with the same sensor bracket. I used 3D printing to get the designs right before committing to getting them made in metal.

Simon
WKID 356

Post by WKID 356 »

I have a CB Magnaspark setup with sensor. I just need the type 4
crank trigger wheel and bracket How much please with shipping? Ken, [email protected]
Redline Weber

Post by Redline Weber »

Your answer was NOT my point.

MY type IV bracket is 1" thick AND not able to change alignment with elongated bolt holes.

Thus my observation suggests that "when tight" your bracket FLEX by force of hand.

Lance
dorkie

Post by dorkie »

Redline Weber wrote:Your answer was NOT my point.

MY type IV bracket is 1" thick AND not able to change alignment with elongated bolt holes.

Thus my observation suggests that "when tight" your bracket FLEX by force of hand.

Lance

Who leans on this while the engine is running? Those teeth on the trigger wheel look like they would make a nasty wound. Again, who would lean on this bracket at any time? I am thinking no one so your "point" is moot.
Paul H

Post by Paul H »

dorkie wrote:
Redline Weber wrote:Your answer was NOT my point.

Lance

Who leans on this while the engine is running? Those teeth on the trigger wheel look like they would make a nasty wound. Again, who would lean on this bracket at any time? I am thinking no one so your "point" is moot.
There's plenty of "moot points" going around on forums born from lack of real information me thinks
Redline Weber

WEEK TRIGGER BRACKET

Post by Redline Weber »

OK, you BOTH FAILED the TEST.
Your response is TOO quickly taken, for myself correctly answered by others BEFORE you both were born. (1982)

NOW for the facts : YOUR TW bracket WILL just fall off the engine caused from normal engine vibration.
You may also call Greg, Ron at FAT as their first bracket was MUCH stranger yet flexed enough to CAUSE "miss-fire" on their bench dyno at 6600 RPM. (Wide Open Baja Type-IV)

I am the inventor of this type of shaft decoding, to share standards of the required quality is NORMAL for NIST !

AGAIN, "if the sensor gap can be changed with hand force the GAP will ALSO change durning normal engine vibration."

Lance
dorkie

Post by dorkie »

things that do not bend, will break. :-)

...I wish I was born after 1982. :-)
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

dorkie wrote:
...I wish I was born after 1982. :-)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't we all.......
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
kafer.chris

Post by kafer.chris »

how is the OWL Throttle Linkage for Jenvey TF Throttle Bodies coming on ..
will it fit my 45 drla's..

cheers