Weld-in fuel injector holders

Fuel Supply & Ignition Systems
JSL56

Re: Weld-in fuel injector holders

Post by JSL56 »

They definitely are a nice bit of kit! :-)

Any idea what style injector they are designed to suit? i.e. Bosch?

Also any ideas how all 4 injector feed pipes join up? Anyone got any diagrams or pics?

Cheers,

J
sideshow

Post by sideshow »

JSL56 wrote:...Anyone know if these are still available? I tried emailing Ethan but havent heard back yet?

Cheers,

J
I have the aluminum holders ready to ship, steel bottoms are near ready to ship. If you know what you need you can PM me here.
Yeah some may call it overkill, but you can't have too much overkill.
sideshow

Post by sideshow »

Alexander_Monday wrote:Ditto. Ethan did return 1 email several weeks ago. but has not replied to my latest. I was curious if I could get them with steel top and aluminum body. It took several attempts the first time.
Per E, no current plans to make steel tops.
sideshow

Post by sideshow »

JSL56 wrote:...Any idea what style injector they are designed to suit? i.e. Bosch?

Also any ideas how all 4 injector feed pipes join up? Anyone got any diagrams or pics?...
They accept the common bosch type. The beauty of this system is that it doesn't require a rigid fuel rail above the injectors. Most are using a spider looking fuel system, the Red Barron is great example of that; see the simple fuel buss near the center?
Then flexible lines are then run to the holders;
Alexander_Monday

Post by Alexander_Monday »

PM sent
Hotrodvw

Post by Hotrodvw »

sideshow wrote:
JSL56 wrote:...Any idea what style injector they are designed to suit? i.e. Bosch?

Also any ideas how all 4 injector feed pipes join up? Anyone got any diagrams or pics?...
They accept the common bosch type. The beauty of this system is that it doesn't require a rigid fuel rail above the injectors. Most are using a spider looking fuel system, the Red Barron is great example of that; see the simple fuel buss near the center?
That's all sorts of sexy right there! :shock: :D
JSL56

Post by JSL56 »

sideshow wrote:

Nice!

Does the fuel bus that feeds all 4 injectors have to be a certian size and configuration?

Is the setup as simple as this?

Cheers,

J
sideshow

Post by sideshow »

JSL56 wrote:Is the setup as simple as this?
That is the general idea, I would add your pressure regulator to the same buss. No specific passage ID beyond what your engine needs is required. If you run dash 6 fuel line, the ID is larger than 6mm so I would drill 8mm holes in the buss.
notched

Post by notched »

Yes, they're still available. Let me post his phone number on the web site for you guys.
RickS

Post by RickS »

sideshow wrote:
JSL56 wrote:Is the setup as simple as this?
That is the general idea, I would add your pressure regulator to the same buss. No specific passage ID beyond what your engine needs is required. If you run dash 6 fuel line, the ID is larger than 6mm so I would drill 8mm holes in the buss.
Don't you need a return line?
notched

Post by notched »

The return line comes out of the manifold (Buss). Look at the photo above, you can see it come in and go out on the other side.
Fiatdude

Post by Fiatdude »

The only trouble with these is that without the fuel rail they would tend to absorb a lot of heat -- especially if you are running them down closer to the heads -- I kinda like the use of fuel rails to keep the fuel circulating and therefore keeping the injectors cooler
Eaallred

Post by Eaallred »

Fiatdude wrote:The only trouble with these is that without the fuel rail they would tend to absorb a lot of heat -- especially if you are running them down closer to the heads -- I kinda like the use of fuel rails to keep the fuel circulating and therefore keeping the injectors cooler
I agree for a street car. I prefer a fuel rail myself.

But these look like an AWESOME product that absolutely has it's place and was needed.
JSL56

Post by JSL56 »

Fiatdude wrote:The only trouble with these is that without the fuel rail they would tend to absorb a lot of heat -- especially if you are running them down closer to the heads -- I kinda like the use of fuel rails to keep the fuel circulating and therefore keeping the injectors cooler
Really! Is this a serious issue! I was hoping to use these on a street car. I loved the simplicity of them!

It does make sense what your saying. Something I hadnt thought about.

What about splitting the fuel buss and having one each side of the engine? Would this help keep things cooler?

Something like this? If the busses were located closer to the left & Right heads/injectors?

Is it possible to get some more views on this?

Cheers,

J
sideshow

Post by sideshow »

It might be better to control under hood temperature with air flow and design, rather than relying of the fuel system to wick away that kind of heat?

There is no reason one couldn't use a more ring like fuel system.