1.7 vs 2.0

VW based Porsche. In a league of its own.
JGREENWOOD

1.7 vs 2.0

Post by JGREENWOOD »

Eddie, check my past posts for some bits and pieces on D-jet and the 1.7. The 1.7 has 90mm pistons though. The 1.7 heads work very well...minor porting will help (unshroud the valves, match the ports ...lee the dimple and the quench areas alone). Dump the head gasket. You will want to use the stock domed pistons...or at least keep the compression up over 8.0:1. The web cam #73 is a good cam for this. Valve size of 42 intake...and 36-38 exhaust. (I use 38...which seemed to work very well with the head porting) but 36-37 would probably be a conservative set up. Solid spacers, swivel foot rockers, stock pushrods. I would ask around for who has the calculations to tell you what compression to actually run with the web cam to net the equivalent of the stock 8.2:1 compression...which is a bare minimum to run this properly. I think Jake Raby has the ability to calculate the necessary comp. ratio, to compensate for the valve overlap loss with this cam. Contact me for bits and pieces on tuning the inejection. 100 HP is not very difficult with this motor. But it is tedious to get it worked out. Ray