VW parts at wholesale

VW based Porsche. In a league of its own.
stevestromberg

VW parts at wholesale

Post by stevestromberg »

I am inviting all of the STF members to join The VW Parts Club it's free to join. I can supply you with All your VW parts at Wholesale cost. just send me an e-mail to [email protected] to join it.s that simple to get your parts at wholesale prices. From Stock part to High Performance, buy them at wholesale. Thank you Steve Stromberg 818 508 0582 7 to 7 pst
stevestromberg

VW parts at wholesale

Post by stevestromberg »

Warning I am being hack with a virus. DO NOT Open anything from [email protected]. I will contact you from another address. Steve
Don Gardner

VW parts at wholesale

Post by Don Gardner »

I'm having trouble getting the parts that I paid for from this guy. The latest excuse is that he was out of town for three weeks and his friend was taking care of business. He stopped answering my emails. This time I called him and he promised me a confirmation number yesterday that I haven't received as of today. Anybody know him or live near him? He appears to be using a New Zealand email address and a California mail drop.
Zeke

VW parts at wholesale

Post by Zeke »

Don, please let us know right away if Steve makes things right. He might not deserve the bad rap if there is in fact a legitimate reason. I have dealt with Steve once and everything was ok.

That having been said, I think Steve has been selling used parts and reselling new parts for some time. I don't know his situation personally, but I think getting into the parts business is a tough row to hoe. Many entrepeneurs don't build in enough mark-up to sustain expansion and as a result are selling a lot of merchandice, but yet are cash poor. Also, the vendors can cause problems that the customer is never aware of and shouldn't be.

I run a similar business in another field and as hard as I try, I never fail to disappoint a customer now and then. Like i said, let us know.

And Steve, you want to chime in here? This is the place.

------------------
Milt 914 2.0 Race Car (under construction)
Don Gardner

VW parts at wholesale

Post by Don Gardner »

This is a used Eurorace Type 4/1 shroud kit and a 914 dipstick. They were items that he supposedly had, not items that he had to purchase. I've been in contact with the system administrator. They are trying to get a response from him. He could post my UPS confirmation number here and now showing that it was finally shipped on Friday, from LA to VA. It was supposed to be shipped two weeks prior to that.
bowlsby

VW parts at wholesale

Post by bowlsby »

Don, I have had only one transaction with Steve Stromberg and it went quite smoothly, he seems like a responsible guy.

Steve has been around 914's for a long time and he needs to speak up for himself and make things right.

Sometimes we all get a little behind or things beyond our control get the better of us.
Don Gardner

VW parts at wholesale

Post by Don Gardner »

I agree with that, but he also erased a post: "Attention Steve Stromberg" on this forum that I had put up when he wouldn't contact me but he has posted on the type4um yesterday 4/13 and ignored my requests. I would gladly accept the money back by Paypal since he obviously still hasn't mailed my parts.
Edit 4/15: I noticed that the "Attention Steve Stromberg" post is back on the site.

[This message has been edited by Don Gardner (edited 04-15-2002).]
kevin powers

VW parts at wholesale

Post by kevin powers »

wow, it seems like he does'nt want his new wholesale parts business to get off the ground.sounds like the forum big cheese needs needs to step in and rectify the removal of your reply.his actions might be seen as a little selfserving. just contact paypal and have your account credited if you can, why wait? post your needs in the classifieds here and at pelican parts.

repost till your keyboard starts smoking.

[This message has been edited by kevin powers (edited 04-14-2002).]
Don Gardner

VW parts at wholesale

Post by Don Gardner »

The System Administrator has stepped in. If you notice at the top of the page Stromberg is no longer listed as the moderator of this forum.
About Paypal: I originally paid by money order and he emailed me that he got the payment. My suggestion in my previous post was to pay me back by Paypal if he's not going to send the parts. The reason being is that I could verify instant payment even though I would loose money with the Paypal fee charge.
Don Gardner

VW parts at wholesale

Post by Don Gardner »

I've received two emails from Steve Stromberg's office assistant assuring me that the parts would be here at the end of this week. She said that she's the one to blame for the mailing problems. I received one email from Steve Stromberg assuring me that the parts should be here the end of this week and mentioning that his computer had a virus.
Don Gardner

VW parts at wholesale

Post by Don Gardner »

I got a UPS tracking number from Steve Stromberg's office assistant on Tuesday. I've been tracking the shipment. It couldn't be delivered yesterday afternoon because the address was wrong. I checked the carbon copy of my money order, and I wrote down the right address. I called UPS and I have to go down there and pick up the package up Monday. Today is one month from the day I sent them the money order.
ned_glenn

VW parts at wholesale

Post by ned_glenn »

I got my heads from Steve today. They look like they'll be a great addition to my motor, as there are currently no heads on it.

I definately got my money's worth, the new valves and springs, keepers were over the top on steve's part and show of a class act.

But there was a whole lot of Murphy's law as to getting the parts as quick as I hoped.

Ned
echocanyons

VW parts at wholesale

Post by echocanyons »

One month isnt too bad. I have waited much longer.

Some ebay vendors take a loooong time.

Nice to hear that you got your parts.

Steve, this doesnt seem to be too big of a deal but shouldnt you speak up and let us know what happened?

Kelly
Don Gardner

VW parts at wholesale

Post by Don Gardner »

I got my parts today. What was advertised as a Eurorace Type 4/1 shroud, was not. What I ended up with was a German Auto center mount Type 4/1 shroud. It's a cheaper kit used mostly by off roaders. The left front area has been cut and some fiberglass added to try to use the oil cooler in the stock Type 4 location. Where the fan mounts to the shroud, the inner bottom bolt area is cracked from one bolt hole all around to the one on the other side. There are supposed to be retaining angles to mount the gen/alt support. They're missing. I'm going to repair the cracked and modified fiberglass shroud and fabricate the missing gen/alt pieces rather than return it. I have an off road friend that hopes that he can use this once it's fixed. To sum it up: It wasn't shipped in a timely manner, it isn't what was advertised, it isn't complete and it isn't in very good condition. He has offered to refund my money, but I think that I'd rather limit my damages than take any more chances.
I also ordered a 914 dipstick and that is ok.
To the person that mentioned long delivery times on Ebay. I've always got everything from Ebay in two weeks and I try to do the same with everything I sell on Ebay. But, this site isn't Ebay. This is someone operating a business selling used 914/Type 4 parts.
I think also that the lack of comunication was more than a virus. I had a post on this site trying to get his attention that was erased then put back up, but no reply from him. I can't possibly imagine him selling new parts to people with his "Discount Club".
Zeke

VW parts at wholesale

Post by Zeke »

I'm tired of merchants advertising *wholesale.* There is only one wholesale price and that is from the manufacturer. Unless the merchant is the manufacturer, he cannot sell at wholesale unless he chooses to not mark up the price from manufacturer cost. Most business courses teach that the minimum mark up has to be 35% to pay the rent and cost of sale. Strictly Internet businesse can get by with less, say 20%. Huge warehouse type stores like Sam's and Costco work at 11%, but they get the difference in the form of an additional discount below wholesale for large purchase commitments or rebates for quantities sold. I sell windows and I'd love to sell them at wholesale but I gotta eat. I sell them at discount, yes, but I don't try to BS people that they are buying at wholesale.

BTW, I mark my windows up 25% and I'm 10% cheaper than the Home Defect and they should be getting the biggest rebates. You want to buy parts at wholesale? Open a wholesale account with the manufacturer or the jobber. If you can. They check real good to see if you are a business or not.

Rant off.