Debit Card

VW based Porsche. In a league of its own.
Stray Catalyst

Re: Debit Card

Post by Stray Catalyst »

Paypal makes you jump through some hoops and wait a week or two in order to get your money from them. If you go to your paypal page, you'll see an option for "withdraw". It takes several days - it's in their best interest for you to spend the money there, as opposed to getting it into your bank account.

Stray
Sneaks

Post by Sneaks »

They also limit you to transferring out $500 a month. The process is easier than it used to be, I've done it several times this year but still a pain. The other option you have is to get the Paypal debit card, it gives you access to your Paypal account just like a regular debit card. There's fees of course, but at least you can get to your $.
Type 4 Unleashed

Post by Type 4 Unleashed »

Sneaks wrote:They also limit you to transferring out $500 a month. The process is easier than it used to be, I've done it several times this year but still a pain. The other option you have is to get the Paypal debit card, it gives you access to your Paypal account just like a regular debit card. There's fees of course, but at least you can get to your $.
Something doesn't sound right. You tell me you sell your car on EBAY for say $10,000, but then are only allowed to transferr out only $500 a month ?
Richard

EMW

“Have you ever noticed how some people never
have the money to do it right, but can always
find the money to do it twice ?”
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Had to kill off the original post as the troll//OP came back and added garbage links in his sig.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
74West

Post by 74West »

Don't use Paypal anymore. I sold an item to a guy, he paid via money transfer as I wouldn't take credit card. Paypal changed it to a credit card ( his backup source ) 7 months later he disputed the charge ( just outside the time I can get delivery confirmation from the post office ) and Paypal tries to take the money from me. He never said he didn't get the item, Paypal changed the payment method to one I specifically said I would not accept. I told Paypal to stuff it, as I had a zero balance.

End result: Paypal is out the money, the guy got a free item, I'll never use Paypal again.
DWP

Post by DWP »

You can up the limit by providing a SS number or something like that. Look around the paypal site.
Waiting 4 days for the money to transfer to you bank is nothing. Some credit card companies can be up to 30 Days.
I us paypal a lot in my business, The fees for each transaction is a lot better than visa mastercard ect.
As far as charge backs go the same can happen with credit cards, moneyorder ect.
DWP
mweaver

Post by mweaver »

Guess I'm just lucky. I always get my money within 3 days.

After you have been with them a while you can request the

$500 withdrawal limit be removed and they will oblidge as

long as you don't have a lot of problem transactions.

We have used Paypal for 5 years with NO problems.

Mike
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

I get my transfers in 3 days and have not had any limit on the amount. I've passed more than $3000 in a month to my bank account.

Get your account upgraded to a commercial account.