Help me ID these Porsche parts

VW based Porsche. In a league of its own.
KarenTheBug

Help me ID these Porsche parts

Post by KarenTheBug »

I'm getting ready to take the Porsche steering wheel & seats out of my Bug and replace them with stock Volkswagen parts. I was told the steering wheel is from a 914 and the seats are from a 911, but I can't get any verification on that. I'm hoping to get the model, a ballpark year, and a ballpark value on the market for each if you can offer one.

Not looking to sell just yet, I've got to put the originals back in first (and my mechanic gets first dibs on them anyway, already promised him). I'm just trying to figure out how much free work I should be gunning for in trade :lol:

Since 1938, it's what the People want.
1971 Type 1 model 1300 Sedan
1972 Type 1 model 1302 Sedan
david58

Re: Help me ID these Porsche parts

Post by david58 »

I might be interested in the steering wheel.
Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
KarenTheBug

Post by KarenTheBug »

david58 wrote:I might be interested in the steering wheel.
They were already promised to my mechanic, I'm just trying to figure out what model / year these came out of and how much something like this goes for. If he decides he doesn't want them, they'll be up on TheSamba.com (currently the site doesn't have anything like these).
david58

Post by david58 »

We do have classifieds here you know.................... :shock:
Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
KarenTheBug

Post by KarenTheBug »

david58 wrote:We do have classifieds here you know.................... :shock:
Yup, but since they're not for sale & I'm trying to figure out what they came from, I thought this forum a better choice.
aircooledtechguy

Post by aircooledtechguy »

The wheel is NOT 914, but rather from a 911. Worth at least a few hundred dollars if in good shape (and it appears to be really nice). I would recommend looking on eBay for these parts and seeing what they go for.
KarenTheBug

Post by KarenTheBug »

aircooledtechguy wrote:The wheel is NOT 914, but rather from a 911. Worth at least a few hundred dollars if in good shape (and it appears to be really nice). I would recommend looking on eBay for these parts and seeing what they go for.
Thanks! Are the seats from a 911 or 914? And any idea on values for them? Without knowing what model they came from, I'm having trouble finding them anywhere else to get a ballpark on the value.
aircooledtechguy

Post by aircooledtechguy »

KarenTheBug wrote: Thanks! Are the seats from a 911 or 914? And any idea on values for them? Without knowing what model they came from, I'm having trouble finding them anywhere else to get a ballpark on the value.
The seats are again NOT 914. Hard to tell when only the bottoms are visible. Likely though from the same car as the wheel. Late 70s to mid 80s 911.