Turbo 914!

VW based Porsche. In a league of its own.
TxOldFart

Turbo 914!

Post by TxOldFart »

I have a 914 2.0 engine and a T3/T4 turbo plus a
set of Weber 44's! I was wondering where you could
fine turbo parts for a T4 motor? (tubes, wastegate, etc)

Thanks,
Charlie!
[email protected]
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Welcome to the forums!

There are numerous examples of various plumbing setups on the forced induction forum to give you some ideas, but the 914 has some slightly different requirements as to plumbing (of course)

That is also the place to look for recommended turbo BOVs etc.

Evill Ed had a beautiful turbo'd 914 that was featured in Excellence magazine 2-3 years ago, if memory serves me right, he used a Bursch or perhaps a Thunderbird "header" and ran the pipe to the turbo up/back the right side... http://community.webshots.com/user/evill914
http://members.rennlist.com/evill/

This has the benefit of being easy and retaining heat/defrost etc.

I'd personally mount the turbo just ahead of the right rear axle.

He used CIS. I am also a HUGE CIS fan. I strongly suggest a CIS-E setup off a ~92ish Passat 16V, computer is completely optional. (What is in the currently wounded but soon to be resurrected Pile) If you still have the factory intake manifolds/plenum, you are ~90% there. MillerFI appears to be no more, but the injector adapters are an easy 30 min job and are retained by the factory hold downs. (unmodified manifolds)

Note a Volvo 2-740 air/air intercooler fits ~perfectly above a 914 motor... Would not be difficult to make sure the fan sucks all its air through it.
(I have 2 in storage :twisted: )
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
nein14

Re: Turbo 914!

Post by nein14 »

you can't turbo a 914 :twisted:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.