I need a 914 head

VW based Porsche. In a league of its own.
glen c.

I need a 914 head

Post by glen c. »

New to this forum, I am looking for one 039 2.0 head early style, preferably ready to run. Looked at new,sticker shock! Thanks for your help.
Type 4 Unleashed

Re: I need a 914 head

Post by Type 4 Unleashed »

glen c. wrote:New to this forum, I am looking for one 039 2.0 head early style, preferably ready to run. Looked at new,sticker shock! Thanks for your help.
Hi Glen

So, your looking for a 3 bolt 914 2.0 ltr head, the earlier one without the air injection holes ? And preferably ready to bolt on ?

What is the problem with the one you have ? Right now you have a matched pair, unless you don't have a pair ?, so if they have been surfaced they would have the same chamber height, so same cc's, if you get another head, it could of been decked more or less than the head you have, and chamber cc's will be off from one head to the other, unless you have the chamber cc's matched.

I will see what I can find.
Richard

EMW

“Have you ever noticed how some people never
have the money to do it right, but can always
find the money to do it twice ?”
glen c.

Appreciate response

Post by glen c. »

Thanks for your attention,one head was destroyed by detonation, I came to the same conclusion,and used matched pair off another engine I was saving for build. :idea:
Type 4 Unleashed

Re: Appreciate response

Post by Type 4 Unleashed »

glen c. wrote:Thanks for your attention,one head was destroyed by detonation, I came to the same conclusion,and used matched pair off another engine I was saving for build. :idea:
Good move.
Richard

EMW

“Have you ever noticed how some people never
have the money to do it right, but can always
find the money to do it twice ?”