Finally got a 914!!

VW based Porsche. In a league of its own.
aircooledtechguy

Finally got a 914!!

Post by aircooledtechguy »

Finally!! I've been wanting one of these since I was a young kid (and they were new). I scored this off my local Craigslist. . .

It's a 1 owner '75 1.8L. that was owned by a woman and never abused. It looks, shifts and drives like a new car; it's unbelievable. It's all original and complete w/ original window sticker, dealer purchase order, manual, all keys and every single maint. record since day 1. The battery tray itself has the only rust. Hell-hole and everywhere else is 100% rust free. I paid the asking price since it was a give away price; if I bargained down from there, I would truly feel guilty. The most important thing though is that my wife loves it too :lol:

It will be my nice weather car (I bought it on the rainy day the photos were taken and it's neatly tucked in my shop now safe and dry).

So now for the question; What is the best workshop manual for the 914?? Thanks for the help. . .
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

Super nice! 8) Congratulations.

There's a Bentley manual for the car here - http://tech.bentleypublishers.com/categ ... me=porsche. Might get it cheaper elsewhere, but I'll bet it's the one ot have.

doc
david58

Post by david58 »

Nice score see it does come back to you. :wink:
Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
aircooledtechguy

Post by aircooledtechguy »

Bentley was the first place I looked, but they only list manuals for various 911s and Boxters. . . A Haynes manual was the only thing I could find. . . There's got to be better than that out there :?
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

Sorry, I misread the Bentley site. the link provided goes to their technical discussion board. :oops:

No word on their site of a manual. :? There must have been something by Bentley or something by VW.

doc
bulli74

Post by bulli74 »

The manual that most 914 guys use is the factory workshop manuals they are way better than the Haynes manuals. numerous people have found critical errors with the Haynes. you can look on pelicanparts and on Auto Atlanta

Pelican Parts:
http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/sho ... .htm#item2
champagne superbeetle

Re: Finally got a 914!!

Post by champagne superbeetle »

aircooledtechguy wrote:Finally!! I've been wanting one of these since I was a young kid (and they were new). I scored this off my local Craigslist. . .

Lovely color ... good score!
Class 11 streeter

Re: Finally got a 914!!

Post by Class 11 streeter »

champagne superbeetle wrote:Lovely color ... good score!
I agree, nice going Nate!
So you think your project is taking forever eh? Well you've got nothing on me.....
schosh

Son of a bitch

Post by schosh »

Damn your lucky ass! :wink: