2.7 Suby

Are you one of those confused people who can't make up their mind?
thepup88

2.7 Suby

Post by thepup88 »

just curious if any one thinks a 2.7 will fit into a bug.I have the auto stick and wonder if there is a way to pump the transmission fluid using powere steering pump
Shadowbug

Post by Shadowbug »

I'd loose the autostick
as for the 2.7, I'm sure it'd fit as long as its 4 cyl
if its the six, I' don't think it will.

Post by Guest »

2.7 is the six.It's only a few inches longer than the four,I read where you can move the tranny forward a little.I guess I'll have to do some more checking
Brastic

Post by Brastic »

The 2.7 was not a great motor. It was a four with two more "slapped" on to make the six. The new 3.0 is a new design and tured out to be a great motor. You will see these 3.0s soon with massive power. For the money, weight and ease of install the 2.2l and 2.5l would be a better choice.

Brastic

Post by Guest »

thamks,I think i will go with 2.2 I have found a couple so i will check them out.what do you think of the 1.8
Richard Olafsson

Post by Richard Olafsson »

The recent Subaru coupe concept car uses the next flat 6. Twin turbos and 400bhp! Their main problem is getting the transmission to handle the power :lol:

Rich

Post by Guest »

I would go with the EJ series motors. The EJ20T, EJ22, and EJ25 are known to hold up better than the EA serise, like the EA18 and EA18T.

Brastic