need help with ecu choices

Are you one of those confused people who can't make up their mind?
sweetguth

need help with ecu choices

Post by sweetguth »

Hey chaps,

I am putting an EJ 2.5 in a manx clone and going to run N/A. I figure the 165 HP will be a nice peppy ride for the street but I think the turbo version would just be too much for such a lightweight car..

Anyhow, I am trying to figure out what ECU to go with. It would be nice to have some room to tune down the road after additional mods are made. I am not super technical when it comes to electronics so I wanted to find something user friendly. Can you gents please help recommend a decent stand alone?

I don't mind paying for the installation and initial tuning, but I would like to be able to tweek as I go. Is there a decent simple after market ECU out there or at least one that is popular enough that I could find a tuning shop to assist with the install?

Thanks for any help.
panel

Re: need help with ecu choices

Post by panel »

sweetguth wrote: find a tuning shop to assist with the install?
We're going to need to know where you live to help finding you assistance with the install or else this forum will have to help you out, and this is the best place for that :wink:

Also you could try Megasquirt for your ......
sweetguth wrote:Is there a decent simple after market ECU out there or at least one that is popular enough
Poke around here: viewforum.php?f=66
'65 Bus with a JDM Subaru EJ20 Turbo
Built by Germans powered by Japanese and brought together by Canadians
sweetguth

Post by sweetguth »

I live in Houston now. Someone told me about a shop called "power fab autos". I think they may work with MS systems.
wankelbug

Post by wankelbug »

i love megasquirt and i am using an ancient ms2 compared to the ms3 and ms3 pro