Subaru Conversion build (EJ22)

Are you one of those confused people who can't make up their mind?
DBUG Nist

Re: Subaru Conversion build (EJ22)

Post by DBUG Nist »

Hahah if you're referring to beer then I completely agree with you haha this whole build is almost fueled entirely from beer :lol: :lol: but how did you guys get your crank pulley bolt because I tried to use the starter method but it didn't work it lifted the bug but I was thinking of starting it a little farther up to get some momentum on the breaker bar or I here there's some kind of belt method there's a video of how to do it but they didn't show it very well..
Also cranked my impact to the max and nothing I only have a small compressor so that's hopeless as well
11' Sentra
Subaru powered railbuggy

DAS SUBARU
DBUG Nist

Post by DBUG Nist »

Anyone have any ideas for the crank pulley bolt?
11' Sentra
Subaru powered railbuggy

DAS SUBARU
ajdenette

Post by ajdenette »

I have an angle iron with a notch to get around the pulley and a head with 4 studs to lock the pulley, it is long enough to tough the ground and I use a breaker bar to get the nut loose and also use the too when torquing it back on. You can chose to fabricate one or purchase one but you are going to want the tool, for the recessed pulley like yours I am on version 2.0 the first one was on a piece of round stock and it bent just to note.
Alex

|_________oo_oo
/ /__/____[_____\
I I======[]IIIIIII[]
()_)-----()_)----)_)
jrobe

Post by jrobe »

My homemade tool final broke so I bought the ebay special. I did upgrade the bolts.
DBUG Nist

Post by DBUG Nist »

damn i guess i will have to suck it up and buy it.. even know its like 15 bucks :lol: itll help in the long one is there really a difference in the recessed pulleys compared to the non recessed?
11' Sentra
Subaru powered railbuggy

DAS SUBARU
DBUG Nist

Post by DBUG Nist »

in the mean time of waiting for parts and being done with the bridgestone golf tournament i can finally start working on the buggy again, i hear a few options for the vss one a simulator, others a custom hall effct style set up.. what did you guys use? and how does it work, how long have you had it? Also for the o2 sensors i have a 95 so theres two rather than one?? i believe.. It looks like some people run 1 rather than two is that okay or not because i know they are used to monitor fuel trims or at least i thought they did
11' Sentra
Subaru powered railbuggy

DAS SUBARU
PressY4Pie

Post by PressY4Pie »

I dont have a VSS on mine yet actually. i forgot about it entirely. have you tried running without one? what happens?
GS guy

Post by GS guy »

Here's a tool I made up to hold the crank pulley, and extra holes (5-bolt pattern) to work on the cam pulleys too. Just a plate with a handle and some bolts sticking out and bolted to the plate. Slipped some rubber tubing (probably fuel line or similar) over the bolts to protect the cam pulleys. Socket wrench goes through the middle. Worked great!

DBUG Nist

Post by DBUG Nist »

PressY4pie, i have not actually drove it yet i have been pretty busy lately so i haven't done much. i hear it limits you to 4k rpm or something around there i could be mistaken.

GS guy, i like the rig looks like it would work rather well how much did you make it for?
11' Sentra
Subaru powered railbuggy

DAS SUBARU
GS guy

Post by GS guy »

Pennies on the dollar. Scraps and scrounged bits. I think I had to buy a hole-saw for the center hole.
DBUG Nist

Post by DBUG Nist »

well i took the engine out to get a few gaskets in. it slowly kept leaking more and more so i know the valve covers and other odds and ends but im going to put the metal oil separater plate so i take the old junk plastic one off and to my surprise find this wonderful sludge filled mess! good to know people find it wise to add oil rather than replacing it. damn cheap and lazy people!!! :x :x :x and yes those are nugget sized chunks
rsz_img_1753.jpg
rsz_img_1752.jpg
let me know if you cant view the pictures
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
11' Sentra
Subaru powered railbuggy

DAS SUBARU
DBUG Nist

Post by DBUG Nist »

spent a couple quite a few hour the last two days cleaning the entire engine waiting on the gasket set to get here so heres how it turned out. I used a couple different wire wheels, power washer, purple power, tooth brush and more wire wheels. I thought it turned out well. i have yet to do anything with the timing belt area im still working on getting it off
rsz_img_1427.jpg
rsz_img_1843.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
11' Sentra
Subaru powered railbuggy

DAS SUBARU
DBUG Nist

Post by DBUG Nist »

rsz_img_1879.jpg
^^ anyone have any input on why this attachment says not downloaded yet?
rsz_img_1881.jpg
rsz_img_1865.jpg
11' Sentra
Subaru powered railbuggy

DAS SUBARU
DBUG Nist

Post by DBUG Nist »

Does anyone know that color for a wheel speed sensor 5v signal wire i think its blue its a 95 auto anyone can confirm that, that'd be great!
11' Sentra
Subaru powered railbuggy

DAS SUBARU
panel

Post by panel »

'65 Bus with a JDM Subaru EJ20 Turbo
Built by Germans powered by Japanese and brought together by Canadians