58 subie bus

Are you one of those confused people who can't make up their mind?
58kombi

Re: 58 subie bus

Post by 58kombi »

i need some advice what im chasing. got a jdm motor install it in the bus but cranks no start. while cranking the motor i noticed fuel was coming out of the exhaust, scan vehicle found crankshaft and camshaft sensor faults. swap sensors from previous motor i had crankshaft sensor fault went away but the camshaft came back. just replaced both to see what happens, but still no start and fuel still coming out of the exhaust. remove spark plugs found all four soak with fuel, i doubt its all fuel injectors stuck open. but need help or advice to get this puppy running
bad62bug

Post by bad62bug »

maybe bad grounds
jrobe

Post by jrobe »

Harrnes was tested and ran a motor so we should be able to rule that out.

Make sure you have a ground wire from intake to chassis.

Are you using the 02 US intake on the JDM motor?

Are you getting any spark at all?

And yes timing marks can be deceiving.

If you have spark and fuel the timing is off or no compression.

Is this the same motor that had no compression? If not what kind of motor and what history do you know about it?

Jeff
58kombi

Post by 58kombi »

jrobe wrote:Harrnes was tested and ran a motor so we should be able to rule that out.

Make sure you have a ground wire from intake to chassis.

Are you using the 02 US intake on the JDM motor?

Are you getting any spark at all?

And yes timing marks can be deceiving.

If you have spark and fuel the timing is off or no compression.

Is this the same motor that had no compression? If not what kind of motor and what history do you know about it?

Jeff

sup jeff, i was gonna email you this concern i having. but the motor is different its a jdm engine, and the old one is us engine. but yeah i swap the intake manifold have grounds on both side of the intake to the chassis. i been reading some forums and they are getting the same crank or camshaft sensor fault with a jdm engine. i guess they were saying they had to swap the crankshaft and camshaft sprocket from the us engine to the jdm, after that was running fine. i contact the seller were i bought the motor and they said i have to swap camshaft sprocket and intake from the old motor, im gonna swap the sprocket and see what happens from there.
jrobe

Post by jrobe »

I think you might have it.

Let us know how it goes.

Jeff
ajdenette

Post by ajdenette »

The easiest one to tell while they are still installed is look at the crank sprocket one has a lot more teeth like 36 and the other has like 6 I had to do the same thing to install a 2.5 into a 2.2 Impreza. if the crank sprocket has different marks the right cam sprocket (hen looking at the timing belt usually the metal one)

Alex

|_________oo_oo
/ /__/____[_____\
I I======[]IIIIIII[]
()_)-----()_)----)_)
58kombi

Post by 58kombi »

So I went a different route with harness, went with outfrontmotorsports stinger ecu setup. With the old motor and ecu being modified already, I'm gonna rebuilt the heads selling to my brother for his swap.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
58kombi

Post by 58kombi »

after months of delay due to new baby in are family, and saving up again. finally got this baby started runs good, sounds like a beast