Bus turbo exhaust (Subaru) space probs ?

Are you one of those confused people who can't make up their mind?
panel

Bus turbo exhaust (Subaru) space probs ?

Post by panel »

Hi guys, just mocking up the turbo and the exhaust in the bus and man is it close in there. I'm not really sure if I can mount it just above and to the right of the alternator like I had thought. There is about 21" off the transmission and then that only leaves about 4" of pipe/turbo work before the deck lid closes. Don't forget about my gas tank back there.

Anyone have some turbo header pics in split window busses I can look at?

My water is coming out this side.

Maybe go like this?

'65 Bus with a JDM Subaru EJ20 Turbo
Built by Germans powered by Japanese and brought together by Canadians
panel

Re: Bus turbo exhaust (Subaru) space probs ?

Post by panel »

This is what Il aim for but it's in a bay window and maybe there is more room back there ? The header and down pipe I might do but the can itself will be in a different spot but you get the idea.

And if you haven't seen the bus that theses came from.......http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php ... &start=460
AllenH

Post by AllenH »

Hi Mark did you get your engine up and running? I live in Kelowna and doing a similar suby conversion on a 1955 23 window. Any info you can share about the wiring harness modifications .I am starting with an ej 122 to work all the kinks out first .How about rad advice thx Mark
panel

Post by panel »

No wiring at all done yet but my build thread is on here and in my signature if you need any info. Its as current as can be as of today for pics and progress :(