1968 fastback suby conversion

Are you one of those confused people who can't make up their mind?
fstbckgt

Re: 1968 fastback suby conversion

Post by fstbckgt »

Updates?
kooldub

Post by kooldub »

had to replace my axle bearings but i am in the process of pulling the wiring and motor. guess i could post some pics of that...
Kai4130

Post by Kai4130 »

Hi, I've got a 1995 ej20 wrx engine in my notch, I used as much of the OEM vehicle as I could. Has the Subaru ecu which was easy to get running in the vehicle. Subaru radiator up front from the donar vehicle. Runs beautifully apart from my porsche 915 which unfortunately hasn't gone as well as the engine install did so going a new direction with that anyway.

I tried up loading pictures to the thread but the forum isn't happy with my picture sizes so I'll be lazy and post my build thread.

http://vwkd.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2605 ... 09e5008c32

Excuse my spelling on my build thread, I'm a prolific iPhone poster and get caught out by the predictive text a lot.

This took me ages to make and convert. Think it was about two years in the making however I've got a thirst for 4x4 mud plugging so get carried away getting stuck and muddy hence why this one took me so long.

If you want any tips or pointers then by all means ask away.

Best of luck with your build, mine was worth it just for the build experience, driving it is a real blast but not for my gearbox regrettably. Couple of weeks hopefully ill have this taken care of with a few more upgrades too.
kooldub

Post by kooldub »

woohoo, update! obviously im off schedule with this (life happens) but I am still excited for this build! motor installed, wiring next!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kooldub

Post by kooldub »

alright! got the fasty to start/run this past weekend! feels real good to be at this point but still have some finishing up to do before a test drive. i'll get some pics and possibly a video. Denver Bug-in is in 2 weeks! :shock: 8)

kris
kooldub

Post by kooldub »

WOW!! :shock: hard to put into words how excited I am on how this turned out. the fasty is running and driving GREAT! few cosmetic things to do but the engine idles great, temps under 200 and is VERY responsive!!! I thought it was it was to be too loud but now that the interior is back in, sounds really good. thanks to Joel for answering all my PMs and everyone else who has put a build thread or helpful info out there!! a few pics and will get hopefully a video together as it sounds awesome!

edit: got to resize my pics. :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fstbckgt

Post by fstbckgt »

Haven't checked in on this in a while, looks great. Coincidentally I recently moved to Denver and if its at a future show in the area I hope to see it.

P.S. Got anymore pictures?