Speaker Kick Psnels 1970Beetle Conv.

The VW Beetle. Everything about bugs!
Mitchell

Speaker Kick Psnels 1970Beetle Conv.

Post by Mitchell »

I ordered speaker panels for a 1970 Beetle convertible from Glass Action. According to Glass action the speaker panels were supposed to have a 2 inch space to allow for the speaker magnet. The ones I received were just over an inch, as you can see by the attached pictures. One picture is with a small plastic cup, to represent a magnet, next to a ruler. The other is with the panel next to the interior of the Beetle where the panel should fit. The panel fits nicely with nothing behind it, but there is not even enough room for a small magnet.. Has anyone used panels from Glass Action? I returned the panels as they were not usable for the Beetle. I also had to dispute the charges as we was never credited for the panels after they were returned. Prior to disputing the charges with my credit card company I sent several emails requesting a credit. I never did receive credit for the return shipping charge. When I did receive an answer, I was informed he had to call his accountant to see why the credit was not issued. After still not receiving a credit a call was made to Glass Action to follow up on the status of the credit, the answer again was due to the accountant. It is amazing that when we placed the order the amount charged appeared our credit card statement within 24 hours.
Just wanted to share this information. , I verified the panels were for a convertible.
Thanks,
Mitchell
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dragvw2180

Re: Speaker Kick Psnels 1970Beetle Conv.

Post by dragvw2180 »

I hate that you had a problem that was not resolved properly , I was lucky that my experience was different. I purchased a product from them and it did not fit as well as I expected it to , I called and talked to them, they replaced the product with no BS excuses plus I asked them to send it unlaminated so I could fit it to the particular car I was working on, fit perfectly and looked great. I would definitely would use them again, matter of fact I will be ordering some glass panels soon. Mike McCarthy
Mitchell

Post by Mitchell »

Mike I am glad your experience was better than mine. Before I placed the order I had emailed and talked to the owner. Everything seemed great. The owner appears to be a real nice person. I had performed quick search, but found nothing negative about the company. After having my issue, I searched a little deeper and found someone who had a similar issue to mine. His order was quite a bit more expensive than mine.
I believe when you purchase an item it should perform as advertised. I had ordered a wood bow and header plates for a ghia conv., both items had to be returned and replacements shipped out. Even then I had to make some modifications, but at least the transaction was handled properly. These were not purchased from Glass Action.
I hope your next purchase from Glass Action is a good experience. If my refund had been handled properly, I would never have posted a comment.
Thanks,
Mitchell
dragvw2180

Post by dragvw2180 »

I completely understand how you feel, I have been burned many times myself. Mike
dragvw2180

Post by dragvw2180 »

I thought about this a little, is it possible to attach a wooden spacer in the front to kick the panel out a little bit ( say an inch ) and to gain the clearance you need ? On the front you would not be able to tell that the panel was spaced especially if you paint the wood black. . Mike
Mitchell

Re: Speaker Kick Panels 1970Beetle Conv.

Post by Mitchell »

Mike thanks for the suggestion. Before I ordered the panels I had fabricated wood spacers for the speakers. They were OK, but not quite what I wanted. I had hoped the panels would have arrived as described, but they did not. I have re-installed the original wood spacers with a slight modification and for now I am satisfied with the fit and sound. After I finish my Karmann Ghia Convertible I will probably redo the entire system in the Beetle.

Thanks again,
Mitchell
dragvw2180

Post by dragvw2180 »

Like minds think alike, LOL. Mike
Mitchell

Post by Mitchell »

Just wanted to update this post. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau to attempt to resolve the issue I have with Glass Action. The BBB made made several attempts to resolve my issue. No one from Glass Action ever responded to the BBB. When a company does not respond to the BBB, in my opinion, it shows their true colors. I would feel they would at least have a desire to explain their stance on the issue.

I understand some individuals have had success with this company. All I can say is be cautious.