Just about done

The VW Beetle. Everything about bugs!
crvc

Just about done

Post by crvc »

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u63 ... fdb264.jpg

I've had this '67 bug for 8 years. I've always had problems with it overheating. Adding vents to the engine lid didn't help. Adding a fram-type filter/pump didn't help. Someone ultimately suggested replacing the oil cooler. I did that and it solved the problem. I also put the thermostat and stock muffler back in.

I had chipped paint on all 4 fenders, the drivers door and the place between the engine lid and the chrome pipes. A year ago after welding the vents in I sprayed it with rustoleum. Once I was sure the engine was working normally I had the engine lid and all the chipped spots re-sprayed Three years ago I bought a gallon of Napa paint, hardener and fish-eye preventer for $80. For this respray I needed just a quart but the quart cost $110.

I had one turn signal short out melting the bulb into the socket. After digging the bulb out the socket it's warped enough that a new bulb won't go in. Bob's VW in Salt Lake City found a used '67 assembly. My daughter is planning to make the three-hour drive up this weekend and she'll pick the part up for me. Once it's in I'm done. The bug will be as good as I can make it.

But I was thinking of adding disc brakes.

kevin
Leatherneck

Re: Just about done

Post by Leatherneck »

Where are the pictures, I can't see what your talking about. They are never finished
Marc

Re: Just about done

Post by Marc »