Singleport upgrades

The VW Beetle. Everything about bugs!
deejee

Re: Singleport upgrades

Post by deejee »

single port kads will work great. bolt them on, tune em up and hit the road. ive been runnin em for over 50k miles in my bus and only ever have issues when my attention to the bus is lacking.. ive yet to break any mounting studs, I run a breather hose as a balance tube, I frequently thrash and over rev my bus, AAAND I run a fuel filter IN my engine compartment... as long as the carbs you start with are solid and not beat to hell, youll have a great positive experience.. don't forget to add a rebuild kit or two into your road kit.. don't over think it, just have fun and learn from YOUR experience.. p.s. most aftermarket exhaust setups are total CRAP ive tried a fair share of whats out there and always end up using my old, crusty stock exhaust..

let us know how it goes!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marc

Re: Singleport upgrades

Post by Marc »

Intake stud breakage isn't the issue...rather, it's induction leaks which develop from the carbs wobbling back & forth and compressing the seal ring. Some sort of bracing is strongly recommended, as you'll probably realize someday.