The VW bus is one of the worst cars EVER

Do you like to go fast? Well get out of that stocker and build a hipo motor for your VW. Come here to talk with others who like to drive fast.
VWmadman

Post by VWmadman »

Yeah i thought that subject would get your attention. Well according to http://cartalk.cars.com/About/Worst-Cars/results1.html it is
Now I am a pretty mellow guy but cartalk can go flip themselves. I mean where in the hell do they get these results. At anyrate we NEED to let them know that this poll is total bullshit. Here is what they wrote about our beloved bus
"If everyone had to own one of these as a first car as I did, there would be no traffic jams anywhere. At least half of us would be so turned off by the experience of owning a car, that we would seek alternate means of transportation."

"There was no heat--unless, that is, the auxiliary gas heater caught fire."

"The flower stickers were the only things that held the car together."

"The bus had no heat, blew over in the wind and used the driver's legs as its first line of defense in an accident."

"It was a death trap on the highway-you could never go fast enough. The chances were good that you'd be hit from the rear."
I have already written an email to cartalk showing them the error of this poll and i think you ALL should do the same. I mean hell you might as well be badmouthing my kids............Just go here and let the producer know what you think of his poll http://cartalk.cars.com/Mail/dougie.html
Cpt Zoomy

Post by Cpt Zoomy »

Ok that does it where is my can of whoop ass!
EVERYONE UNITE and send these people a message! Because they weren't able to enjoy the 60's and 70's cruising down the road in a micro they now need to attack our beloved bus! I think not! I posted this crap on my web page and hope these guys get 1000's of emails about there mistake! Check out www.strictlygerman.atfreeweb.com
Later!

------------------
1/4 in 11's .... no problem.
Bare

Post by Bare »

Well ... Dunno .
I spent ayear traveling europe in a '66 VW bus (it was 4 years old)and while t did the job it was expensive to keep running,yes it broke down a few times, as a result of parts breakage not lack of TLC, it was pitifully slow and really scary to drive on the Autbahns due to it's weathercocking ablilties, even when a Porsche hurtled by not just Semis.
This is NOT news as the entire Planet was aware of these problems and is the reason sales # were always low.
The article is mostly correct, if you refuse to believe it as result of your religious beliefs, there are those who still believe the Earth is Flat.