Foam Bump Stops

Do you like to go fast? Well get out of that stocker and build a hipo motor for your VW. Come here to talk with others who like to drive fast.
risk

Foam Bump Stops

Post by risk »

Looking to replace the rubber bump stops with some late model epmd foam type. I have looked at several different oem ones, and it seems like some that fit struts might fit the stock bump stop holders?

Anyone tried these?

https://www.google.com/search?q=foam+bu ... 1762358004

ps2375

Re: Foam Bump Stops

Post by ps2375 »

I use rubber Bus bump stops. But I don't have my rear lowered any.
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

I use bus. But cut the first nub off. Mine is lowered.
risk

Post by risk »

Ended up using these for a jetta. Popped right on the stock mounts with no modifications!

https://www.rmeuropean.com/Products/1H0 ... MFG36.aspx

They are a lot softer than stock rubber ones. In addition to a few other things these helped get rid of the wheel hop. Just need more shock now.
saltracer

Post by saltracer »

Those are pretty soft, I doubt they would stay on the car more than one or 2 hits. They really aren't designed for that application. When I've put them on struts it usually takes 5-6 inches of compression before they come into play, sort of a last resort to help cushion a bottoming out suspension. They aren't made to take a constant pounding.
risk

Post by risk »

Well that picture is after about 2 years of driving so they are holding up fine. I doubt it ever fully compresses with the 30mm torsion bars.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

I think saltracer is pretty close on this. To me they look like the are progressional; as you push down on them they fold inside the stack then (hopefully) their compression causes them to get stronger but I don't think they are designed to be used that much... more of a back up. Shortening them (cutting the top down) reduces their effect I think. I am sure they have their place so my advice would be to just be careful when using them.

For what it is worth. My opinion is worth less than you paid for it.

Lee