Empi GTV-2 heads

Do you like to go fast? Well get out of that stocker and build a hipo motor for your VW. Come here to talk with others who like to drive fast.

Moderator: Tom Notch

Thmupr

Empi GTV-2 heads

Post by Thmupr » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:27 am

Anyone used the Empi stage 2 or 3 cnc GTV-2 heads?? Curious how they perform / quality....
57' oval ragtop under construction.. 92mm thick wall cylinders, CB case, CB heads, turbo under lid, Mexico injection with MS.

4agedub

Re: Empi GTV-2 heads

Post by 4agedub » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:22 am

With my past experience with EMPI I would rather pay a little bit more and go CB 044. How much are these anyway??
Superbug Racing Team

Thmupr

Post by Thmupr » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:56 am

I've seen them as low as 799 a pair for the stage 2's. Not bad for a cnc head. I was also curious about the AA performance cnc's.. DRD does the cnc work for them but the casting is theirs. Same price range.
57' oval ragtop under construction.. 92mm thick wall cylinders, CB case, CB heads, turbo under lid, Mexico injection with MS.

Thmupr

Post by Thmupr » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:56 am

I've seen them as low as 799 a pair for the stage 2's. Not bad for a cnc head. I was also curious about the AA performance cnc's.. DRD does the cnc work for them but the casting is theirs. Same price range.

cbeck

Post by cbeck » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:15 pm

I held a stage 3 head earlier this year. Builders valves and springs. Nice, clean casting with all the cooling passages clear. I was going to use some stage 2 but some hand ported scat 043 heads nib turned up. About 800 for the heads and 225 for the port matched intakes were the prices I was quoted. Empi had acquired bug pack previously, are these using any bug pack reasearch? Did bug pack used to offer heads?

Thmupr

Post by Thmupr » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:40 am

I'm thinking of trying these out.. only thing I don't like is that the ported manifolds are not offered in FI versions yet. I purchased a set of Empi stock replacements for the wife's car a little over a year ago and she has driven the wheels off it with no issues. The new permanent mold castings look great.