Finnish billet heads

Do you like to go fast? Well get out of that stocker and build a hipo motor for your VW. Come here to talk with others who like to drive fast.
-Alex77-

Finnish billet heads

Post by -Alex77- »

I have been working on a 3D version of vw billet head with finnish cnc machineshop called Tommi's Billet

http://www.tommisbillet.com/fi/galleria ... tuskuvia-2

Heads may be offered with:

-94 or 4" bore

-Stock headstudspacing or wasser 88x83mm studspacing.

-6061 aluminum for ease of porting and welding

-Cosworth style intake ports, possbily two sizes: small port opening 43x34mm (size of cb manifolds) or large port opening around 47x38mm

-Large fullwidth rockerpad

-6 stud spacing may be also available, ask!

-NGK D8EA plugs fits

-Spring pocket OD 36mm, ID 16.8mm

-10 mainfins

-Throughboles for coolingair

-Max valvesizes around 50x38 - 51x39

Price is around 1700-1800€

neil68

Re: Finnish billet heads

Post by neil68 »

Sweet! They look a bit like my JPM MS230 heads, except for the fins around the exhaust ports:

-Alex77-

Re: Finnish billet heads

Post by -Alex77- »

I 'v got the first time now the billet head to my own hands from my friend.

2mm thick and with 3mm gap the cooling fins look very good.

Ports have good size short side radius and very little porting to be done. At end of this year, heads will go the headporter to get finished and for flowbench testing.

Tested Pauter 1.4 rockers and they fit very well, roller end of the rocker is at center of the valvestem.

Got one valvecover from my friend who made them with 3 Axis CNC machine, they fit very tight and bails work like on stock valvecovers.

Overall quality of the heads is nice, but i was hoping a bit improvement at machining quality if order my own heads from Elmer Racing later at this year, as they have better tools and experience. Material would be 6082 T651

https://www.facebook.com/ElmerRacingDotCom/

Heads can be either 94mm bore or 101.6mm bore, ports for 48x38, 50x40 or 54x40 valves or specific setup. 54x40 choice needs exhaust valves moved outwards about 1,5-2mm. Thes differences does not really affect to price very much.

Chamber on the 101.6mm head is about 55-58cc

Chamber on the 94mm head is about 50-53cc

Larger turbo specific chamber can be also designed invidually.