Did Scat lifters become any better?

Do you like to go fast? Well get out of that stocker and build a hipo motor for your VW. Come here to talk with others who like to drive fast.
Croatian VW Club

Did Scat lifters become any better?

Post by Croatian VW Club »

Do you guys know if Scat did any reasearch about their pitting lifters?

Or are they still using same materials and equal production techniques?
Bruce2

Post by Bruce2 »

Scat has continuously denied there ever was a problem. So that means there is no change. Stay away from Scat lifters.
richie,uk

Post by richie,uk »

Bruce2 wrote:
So that means there is no change.
Not true
Bruce2 wrote:
Stay away from Scat lifters.
??????????????

cheers richie,uk
www.rjvolksperformance.com

We make VWs go fast!!!
rcb78

Post by rcb78 »

I'm with Bruce on this one. If there was no problem,,, as they claim,,, then why would they make a change? Alternatively, if there was a problem and they did make a change, why have they been lying to everyone and not standing behind their product?
Either way I haven't made a single Scat purchase in about 5 years and I haven't been disappointed by their competitors. For me to even look at a Scat product for myself or any of my friends that I help out, it would take a detailed public apology from Tommy boy. --Ryan
4agedub

Post by 4agedub »

I've been using the Scat lube o lifters in my type 4 for ages, never had a problem with them.
VW Beetle 1303 EJ20T Subarugears Circuit Racer
VW Beetle 2332cc 200hp N/A Circuit Racer
VW Beetle 1969 2666cc Turbo Road Toy
Croatian VW Club

At least I can say

I'm confuuuused :roll:

:shock:
Croatian VW Club

I mean I took a set of Scat 94g lifters for my 1776 build up

I spent a lot on high quality parts,and really don't know if I am ready to risk it

I see guys running Scat lifters,even without SLR option,and not having any trouble

But then,on the other hand,there are guys who didn't even make a 1000 miles with a new motor and lifters pit and make a crap from engine internals :roll:

Maybe CB Performance lifters are an option for me
farmer

Post by farmer »

If you have single HD springs in there, no problem. With dual springs, I would be concerned.
t
Tony Z

Post by Tony Z »

if you are worried about them and not 100% sure now, I dont think you will ever be happy with them and they will always be at the back of your mind. Do yourself a favour, get rid of them and get lifters that dont have a problem, that way your mind will be at ease.....

just so you know, i am running SLRd lube-a-lobes in my 2332, I am not worried. Breaking them in on single springs, then putting on duals with less load than usual because of my titanium retainers and aly pushrods
Croatian VW Club

farmer wrote:If you have single HD springs in there, no problem. With dual springs, I would be concerned.
t
I will be running Single HD springs on Scat Pro Street Heads with 110cam and 1.1:1 rockers.
Croatian VW Club

Tony Z wrote:if you are worried about them and not 100% sure now, I dont think you will ever be happy with them and they will always be at the back of your mind. Do yourself a favour, get rid of them and get lifters that dont have a problem, that way your mind will be at ease.....

just so you know, i am running SLRd lube-a-lobes in my 2332, I am not worried. Breaking them in on single springs, then putting on duals with less load than usual because of my titanium retainers and aly pushrods
Yeah,I want a piece of mind,cause it will be a daily driver and I don't have time or money to take it apart if something happens.

What does SLR treatment really do to the lifter head?Maybe I can find someon here locally to do the same thing for me :roll:
2332 baja

Post by 2332 baja »

Has anyone had trouble with the scat lifters when using a scat cam? I've heard all the horror stories of scat lifters but can't think of a single case where scat lifters & cam were mentioned. I'm not trying to defend them just curious because I'm considering a scat c-35 cam kit for a 1776.
NoWaterOnlyAir

Post by NoWaterOnlyAir »

you should always use a cam/lifter combo and not just lifters with another cam. Scat lifters are ground for scat cams. SLR does his scat lifters to his cams and they work very well together. you need to contact your cam grinder and see what they recommend.
M.C.DragRacer

Post by M.C.DragRacer »

Well, the Red Baron uses Scat lifters, non lube a lobe, with no problems, i have personally used the lube alobe ones and dynoed on Eric's dyno when he had one at the shop, took out the cam on the sec pull, round cam lobes, that was somethin new.
I have used plenty of the standard Scat lifters with no issues, I think it depends on what part of China there made.

As far as Scats customer service, and truth about there lifters, (to be nice), no comment.

mcdragracer
Croatian VW Club

I ordered a set,but the shop I ordered them from couldn't get it directly from their supplier----> Scat

They said late January

Maybe that means Scat is doing something with their lifters at the moment,making them better :roll: