Stroker case clearancing

Do you like to go fast? Well get out of that stocker and build a hipo motor for your VW. Come here to talk with others who like to drive fast.
madmike

Stroker case clearancing

Post by madmike »

Is ther any pix or links for this?? or do i assemble and mark where everything hits and grind till the cows come home,LOL
BigOlJohnson

Post by BigOlJohnson »

That's pretty much it!

DB&Hot VWS has pics of lcearanced cases in their past articles, so
those would be helpful........

IF you are in Cali, then Jason @ VW Paradise has a jig that he just drops the case into and cuts away!

And it is pretty cheep TOO......

BOJ
dragvw2180

Post by dragvw2180 »

It's been awhile since I lived in MICHIGAN,but I believe APPLETREEAUTO
can do about anything vw
Muffler Mike

Post by Muffler Mike »

not to say it can not be done at home, I know it can, but just think of the mess it will make. I have done some touch up clearancing in cases and what little i need to do, makes an ugly mess with particles flying every where, even with a vacuum running close by.
but if you must see, i have a few pics of where most of the general clearancing is done for larger strokes.
madmike

Post by madmike »

Thanks for the replys,and a BIG thanks to Mike for the pix,I'll have to check for a bit like that,As for Appletree i hear they get $110 the 1st hr.and $55 after that.New Owner!! Thanks again,mike
Buggsy

Post by Buggsy »

Don't buy bits and a die grinder unless you have access to a professional size air compressor. The thirty gallon, one lungers that most of us use to run impact wrenches will burn up before you get the job done. Die grinders consume a huge amount of air.
Muffler Mike

Post by Muffler Mike »

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/d ... mber=44141

one could use an electric rotory grinder like in the link above.
I use to use one like that.
the down side, they are not quite as nimble and typically are not variable speed. (last i checked mikita made a variable speed)
But that might be an option for one that does not have a good compressor.
As far as compressors are conserned, if you want to invest in one, get a good ole fashion piston pump compressor.

this is what i ended up with and so far, it will run a good quality die grinder as long as i need. I run an air saw and air hammer with it too.
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product. ... Cookie=Yes
So now that we have spent 1000 in tools to do a 100 dollar job.................................LOL. guess it depends on weather you plan to use these tools more often.

And by the way, Rimco and a few others get around 70-75 bucks for a generic case clearancing for up to about an 84 stroke
64bug

Post by 64bug »

OR buy a supercase and forget the rest....
madmike

Post by madmike »

Hey guys ,Since I have these neet porting tools laying around from C.C Specialty,I thought I would Try and wear them out,since i didn't on my kids Cast iron heads for his MudBogger,LOL and yes there Electric w/foot control, one of the best shop tools i ever bought.thanks,can't figure out how to attach pic?,Mike
madmike

Post by madmike »

Hey Mike,Your pic's helped alot, I got one side done!!! alot of fitting :? I have .40 thous, should be enuff?it only hits the cam in one place so I'm taking it to a machine shop to have them turn it.thanks again
A_67vdub

Post by A_67vdub »

Once you get the pistons and cylinders on don't be surprized if you need to touch up a few more spots.
madmike

Post by madmike »

That's why i left to tools out, :lol:
jhtaylor

Mostly to 64Bug

Post by jhtaylor »

I bought a super case and still had to do a lot of clearance work. Nothing major, but everything had to be doctored a bit.
madmike

Post by madmike »

Got the P&C's and had to whitle a bit near the pin boss,and more on the case 67vdub was right,mike
madmike

Post by madmike »

Did a mock up 1001 times still hits on #2&4 pis BTD this bites :twisted: