Vanagain floor repair

The quintessential people and stuff mover.
Jadewombat

Vanagain floor repair

Post by Jadewombat »

Thought I'd share some metal work I did on my friend's '80 camper. The brake fluid leaked all over the floor, previous owner, and the gas pedal was attached to a license plate, also P.O. Replacement panel is NLA.

I cut everything out and fabbed up the panel out of 20ga. steel sheet with ~1/2" overlap of the new panel on top. I don't have a bead roller, but was able to some tiny bends in my press brake to mimic the stock indentations to stiffen things up. And it is sturdy now! We undercoated the bottom side of the panel before MIG welding in place and I ground the welds back so his carpet wouldn't snag on things or feel weird under his feet.

He's going to cover the panel edges with some factory-like seam sealer, paint everything, sound deadening, and new carpet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jadewombat

Re: Vanagain floor repair

Post by Jadewombat »

Painted and looking good.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ajdenette

Post by ajdenette »

I had to do a similar repair due to New England rust fortunately mine was not quite as bad

Alex

|_________oo_oo
/ /__/____[_____\
I I======[]IIIIIII[]
()_)-----()_)----)_)
Jadewombat

Post by Jadewombat »

Nice...
david58

Post by david58 »

Great job
Beetle19

Post by Beetle19 »

ajdenette wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:36 pm I had to do a similar repair due to New England rust fortunately mine was not quite as bad

Paris shuttle
Very good job :shock: