It followed me home...

The quintessential people and stuff mover.
Stray Catalyst

Re: It followed me home...

Post by Stray Catalyst »

I'll have to stop by and get some! :)

I got the brakes working - I think. I got so thoroughly parked in I wasn't able to take it for a test drive after I replaced another brake line and bled the new rear wheel cylinders, and it built up pressure, but until I've driven it a bit I won't know for sure. If I've solved the brake issue, then I'm that much closer to driving it, or selling it for enough to make the older bus into a vehicle. I still need to fix the horn, the turn signals (broken switch, but I have a spare that might fit), and the windshield wipers before it'll be inspectable. The tires are also iffy at best, but I'm getting closer to having this as a daily driver.
fusername

Re: It followed me home...

Post by fusername »

I have a turn signal cluster that is 100% only thing that doesn't work is the windshiled washer valve, if urs is good you can swap it over, but most of em are broken at this point from folks using water in the winter. also rubber just don't age good
give a man a watch and he'll allways know what time it is. give him two and he can never be sure again.

Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.