Karman Sutra

VW underneath a classic Italian body design.
Fiatdude

Re: Karman Sutra

Post by Fiatdude »

The Guys at WesTech are saying that the new Holley EFI is by far the best thing on the market currently ----- and is completely self tuning, even with boost applications
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
I couldn't find any actual information of the "completely self tuning" feature.(it does VE only)
Sounds like TunerStudios VEAL which has been around for ages now, and works very well set up properly.
(wideband system delay must be measured from logs and entered into a small reference table for consistent results)

For a $4K system (by the time you buy the ECU, harness etc) it should come with a stripper, perhaps two.

The DBW support will get some takers, might be worth it to many, esp with late model iron..
Does have tons of general purpose programmable I/O, should ~eliminate the need for a separate datalogger on race cars.
It's roughly the equivalent of a MS3pro, plus a microsquirt with trans control firmware, PLUS an IOX (perhaps 2) for IO expansion, so if you need all that hardware, it may actually be cost effective.

I can see it being popular in V8 racing series that allow EFI: Most don't.

I can't see the value for an aircooled 4 banger.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
Fiatdude

Post by Fiatdude »

Fiatdude

Post by Fiatdude »

Wellll, The guys at WesTech are really MAD at me - --- -- - One of the front oil coolers decided to split open while the car was on the dyno Monday -- what a mess -- Freaking car was still dripping oil out of the spare tire drain Tuesday when I went over to help by-pass that cooler -- should of just put another oil cooler in its place, but their description of what happen had me confused -- -- but I've been working nights lately so I'm in a constant state of confusion LOL (still had to have the blue towels and rags there to continue to mop up the oil in this picture LOL)

Don't know when they will have some open dyno time so they can get the Ghia back on there

http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss30 ... yys3zh.jpg

They did have a cool open class desert car on the dyno Tuesday -- -- about a half million dollar toy there

http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss30 ... lwoe9s.jpg

http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss30 ... irkovg.jpg
Fiatdude

Post by Fiatdude »

Was over working on the oil cooler at WesTech -- Chad from BangShift was there -- He had a junkyard SBC on the Dyno and all the guys there were running around the dyno and giggling and laughing and just cracking up -- --- --

They had setup two targets behind the headers and were pouring BB's down the carb and watching them hit the targets.... It was the craziest thing I'd ever watched-- I don't know which was funnier watching the BB's come shooting out of the headers or the guys running around laughing their azzes off -- -- Then they pulled the plugs out after their "run" OMG .. .. well, look at the pictures.....

Soon to be a video to be posted somewhere :::::::::::::::::::::::

http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss30 ... vpjk7b.jpg

If you look closely you can see all the BB's on the floor....

http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss30 ... eiokbo.jpg
Fiatdude

Post by Fiatdude »

A little update -- -- Nothing is happening LMAO

The last 2 weeks the guys from WesTech have been jammed with the high dollar cars going to SEMA (or Chad destroying a SBC) or Eric being sicker than a dog -- Hope he's feeling better !!! -- Went over to work on the Ghia this morning, but they've all left to go to SEMA too..... Oh well, it's not like I've anywhere to go LOL -- and remember I'm the one who made the deal that the Ghia is not their first priority, just something for them work on when they can -- so really no problem as far as I'm concerned, because they are treating the ghia very well !!!

SO, Screw it,,,, I'm going on Vacation -- see you all in a couple of weeks
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

Is it off the dyno? What kind of power did that 3 liter make?
Fiatdude

Post by Fiatdude »

Chip Birks wrote:Is it off the dyno? What kind of power did that 3 liter make?
Still having EFI issues ---- The Electromotive ran a 64-2 crank trigger with no issues -- the new crank trigger I got from Mario is a 32-1 wheel and I know a lot of people use it with no issues -- but the AEM is confused, at idle it's OK with a little stumble from time to time, but as soon as it comes off idle it just shits its own pants and dies -- the guys at WesTech sent the data log to AEM and they said it needs a 12-1 wheel -- -- WTF -- -- I know the Red Baron guys were running a 12-1 wheel, but I'm really frustrated here -- -- So I've put in a call to Mario to see if he can whip me a 12-1 wheel, but he hasn't got back to me ----- so the guys at WesTech are looking at cutting every 2 out of 3 teeth off the Wheel I've got to see if that is gonna solve my issues........ The saga continues...............................
Steve Arndt

Post by Steve Arndt »

Electromotive is hall sensor and your new is a vr sensor.
Fiatdude

Post by Fiatdude »

Nope it has a GT101 Honeywell Hall sensor on it -- I suggested trying Mario's sensor I've got, but it require a redo if the harness to that sensor
Steve Arndt

Post by Steve Arndt »

Seemed to easy to be true :)
MarioVelotta

Post by MarioVelotta »

Fiatdude wrote:Mario is a 32-1 wheel and I know a lot of people use it with no issues
It's a 36-1, if that's not what they used for setup, that could be a real problem!
Fiatdude wrote:I've put in a call to Mario to see if he can whip me a 12-1 wheel, but he hasn't got back to me
Must have missed it sorry.

I can do 12-1 or 60-2. Whichever you need. I just need to submit it with another order of pay the min order fee.
The Dub Shop
[email protected]
1600 ITB NA - 18sec
1600 Supercharged - 13psi - 15.40 @ 84.66mph
1600 Turbo - 185hp 250tq!! Going for 200
2276 Turbo - 15psi - 11.537 @ 115.74mph
Facebook-Tech-Store
Fiatdude

Post by Fiatdude »

Sorry Mario it is a 36 -- just a typo on my end -- and I wasn't worried about not reaching you as the holidays are upon us LOL -- I'll call you again next week after the turkey weekend -- I'll probably be asking for you to do one for the small CB dry sump pulleys, so I'll probably have to send you the pulley I have to get it all done.............. Always appreciated everything you've helped me with Mario
Fiatdude

Post by Fiatdude »

Talked to Mario today and he's going to put in a order for me of two of those 12 tooth sensor wheels -- Freaking AEM LOL----

Really pissed/bummed/frustrated right now -- went over and got the ghia after it lost power and died while they were playing with it Monday -- -- all the valves are super tight so I'm thinking it got real hot (????) kinda hard to figure how that happened running E85 --- ---

just kinda down and don't know what to do next ------------- way too much $$$ in that 2989 to start over --- but it still has compression and it still turns over freely ,,,,,,,, soooo.....

Looked into some 48 IDF's and some MSD ignition products and going NA and seeing if it will run that way -- but that would be a $$Grand$$ for that experiment

Fiatdude

Post by Fiatdude »

This was in my in-box today -- --

Circuit of The Americas (COTA) February 26-28, 2016

Good Morning:

I hope this finds each of you in good spirits as we trek through Fall toward Winter. I for one think a more southern location is in the cards. HMMM, perhaps Austin, Texas?!

For the fourth year in a row, it’s time to think about three days of driving on America’s only purpose built F1 track, Circuit of The Americas (COTA) in Austin, Texas. MVP Track Time has scheduled our 4th annual three-day COTA track event for February 26 – 28, 2016.

Now for the moment you’ve all been waiting for, the investment to play at COTA. The entry fee for all three days is $1,375, the same as 2014. As with previous years, there are a limited number of spots available for COTA. Yes, they fill fast.

STEP 1
The $1,375 entry fee for all three days at COTA can only be completed with Pay Pal (you can use any major credit card through the Pay Pal system if you don’t have a Pay Pal account) at the link below:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=JQ3XJ9LSZHJUN

STEP 2
Once you have completed the entry fee, head over to the “Registration Page” of MVP’s web site (link below) to register. You’ll need to scroll to the bottom of the page to complete the blue outlined registration box. Click on the“Event” drop-down menu and choose Circuit of The Americas (COTA): February 26-28, 2016.

http://www.mvptracktime.com/id92.html

After we have allocated the registrations by run group, based on individual track experience, we will send out group confirmation e-mails to each run group. We will have four (blue, green, yellow and red) run groups allowing us to schedule two hours of track time daily.

In the spirit of transparency, the rental of COTA, as you can guess, is rather costly, so once you register, MVP will not be able to give you a refund until COTA is sold out and we have a replacement for you. If/when we can replace you, there will be a $100 cancellation fee. Inside of four weeks (January 29, 2016 and later) prior to the COTA event there is no refund. This is the reality of renting Circuit of The Americas.

If you have any questions, grab the phone and call me at (314) 249-3770 or you can e-mail [email protected].

Happy Motoring and I hope to see you at COTA. Enjoy your day.

Mark Pfeffer – MVP Track Time
www.MVPTrackTime.com
Phone: (314) 249-3770
E-mail: [email protected]