Karman Sutra

VW underneath a classic Italian body design.
Bad Bob

Re: Karman Sutra

Post by Bad Bob »

Maybe I missed it, but what fuel caused this? E-85 or the usual 15% crap?
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

Pretty sure it was E85
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

I wish I could get E-85, the stuff around here often doesn't quite make E-70.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

I keep having to add a gallon or two of 91 octane to mine. I'm sitting at 67% right now. Slowly creeping up though.
Fiatdude

Post by Fiatdude »

Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

Well done! Sounds nice!
Fiatdude

Post by Fiatdude »

Fiatdude

Post by Fiatdude »

Fiatdude

Post by Fiatdude »

Fiatdude

Post by Fiatdude »

Didn't take any pictures or videos as I went by myself, but I went out to California Speedway for some AutoX this past Saturday. The event was held by Fastivus. Did some laps. My 5-6 year old tires were really holding me back.... The rear end was sliding out from under me the whole time and when it wasn't, the front end was pushing......

Had the speed up for a tight section and was trying to whip the rear around to setup for the next section .. .. .. Ended up doing this really slow looping slide right through this huge area of cones..... Did win the unofficial award for most cones collected (knocked down) for the day LOL

Noticed the Ghia wasn't pulling as hard as 'normal' -- found the seal between the hat and the carb had squirted out -- need to find a fix for that.....
Fiatdude

Post by Fiatdude »

Making plans to camp out at Fontana Saturday night before the Bug-In -- --

Check in at Fontana at 4pm Saturday --- Sneak the Ghia over to the Drippers thing in Ontario that starts at 6ish --- then have to be back at CMS by 8pm when they lock the gates.......

Sunday --- Bug-In

Where, Oh Where, are those Silver Bugget guys these days??????
Fiatdude

Post by Fiatdude »

Showed up at 4pm at California Speedway to spend the night -- unfortunately there was a test and tune that day and there was still a ton of V8 guys there clogging up the pits -- so I choose a spot that was way out beyond the finish line.... peace and quiet,,, Yeah right the Silverbugget guys were 100 feet away.

So there I am profiling with my motorhome thinking I'm cool -- -- then Dave Rosique (sp?) drives in.....

And he ruins the neighborhood with his coolness..... LOL

I jump into the Ghia and drive over to the Drippers meet at BurgerTown hoping for the magic of Nick's to return to SoCal.... But most everybody must of missed that memo as there was only about 15 VW's there. Maybe the DKK thing all day killed this meet...... But what was there was really nice, I should of taken more pictures

So, everybody that was there from the campout had to be back by 8 as the gates were locked at that time... I did my best to do a nice leave, had some sideways action going and headed back to CMS... found out my headlight switch is going bad as I had no dash or tail lights for the 9 mile return trip in the dark... also Had a nice fog following me as I had sucked a valve cover gasket at some point too (wonder when that was????)

When I got back, the party was going full blast at numerous locations, everybody seemed to have a full bar and the World Series going..... after visiting several of the parties I stumbled back to my MH and proceeded to nose into my pillow and ignore the several occasions of pounding at the door to get me to come out to play some more... that is until someone drove an uncorked VW by at 7 AM... I could of killed them, if I could of lifted my head off the pillow....

But by now the gates were open, people were POURING in, and there wasn't any more sleeping to be had.... Great turn out! The Car show area was 90% full by the time I got to functioning, so I said screw it and kept my oil leaking pig in my pit.... Soon all the Red Baron crew started showing up and I almost didn't save enough area for everyone to park.... The baron was running real good and Eric took it all the way to the finals until a oil filter took a poop and started leaking as he was staging and he had to shut off giving the win to Racing' Jason who was running real strong with his Pro Turbo car (5.70's)....

Here's a picture of the area in front of my MH between rounds... remember just how empty it was??? not now, the pits almost went all the way back to the scales!!!!

Fiatdude

Post by Fiatdude »

The word is that Irwindale is closing as of December 31...... Since I'm working about 5 miles from there, I'm thinking that one last trip down the strip is in order.... So Thursday the 28th, the Ghia is getting trailered to Irwindale for one last time.....

Well, here it is the Saturday before Christmas and went to the morning Cars and Coffee in Mentone -- Had about 30 cars and 1 VW show up to congratulate each other on making it through another year LOL.......

The star of the show 'Winston" taking a lap around the lot, collecting the price of admission, a good petting from all in attendance

Fiatdude

Post by Fiatdude »

Had plans to hit 2 different events today -- Donut Derelicts and the 'New' OC Cars and Coffee at the outlet malls in San Juan Capistrano -- Derelict's was from 6-9am and C&C was from 9 to 11 with about 45 minutes of a drive between the to (counting loading and unloading the Ghia from the trailer). So got up at 4am and met my buddy at 4:30 and headed to Huntington Beach ---

The Derelict's didn't disappoint, with over 300 cars there to check out ---

Then at about 8am everybody started heading out and we were guessing they were down south for the C&C -- -- We unloaded the Ghia about a block away and headed over to the event -- It was pretty hilly around there and I stalled the Ghia going up a steep incline at a stop sign.... ((dummy, I know... But that 4 puck disc is just not very forgiving when you're trying to slip it)) -- Anyway, the engine popped real hard when I was cranking it and blew one of the intake boots off,, and suddenly we were running on 2 cylinders and sounding like chit.... and I hadn't thrown any tools in the car, so we limped back to the trailer and put the car on it. then drove through event ... Didn't take any pictures, but there was some very NICE cars there and quite a few VW's -- There are tons of pictures of this event on the web and on you tube to see.....
petew

Post by petew »

What's that Corvette wagon in the second last pic?