VW 411 and 412 Audi Strut Rod document (test)

Discuss with fans and owners of the most luxurious aircooled sedan/wagon that VW ever made, the VW 411/412. Official forum of Tom's Type 4 Corner.
raygreenwood

VW 411 and 412 Audi Strut Rod document (test)

Post by raygreenwood »

Sorry this took so long. I thought I posted to both forums. The document for strut rebuild for 411/412 with Audi cartridges is done and is at least temporarily available for view as I tweak a few things and find a place to put it permanently.

It is fitting that today's date is ....4-12.... Very Happy

Here is the link to the document in my dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oa14cvfncmyre ... s.doc?dl=0

This is just a test. If its useful and can be read this way I will get a disc to Everett so it can be uploaded to the archive.

Bear in mind. This document could not be easily built here on the Samba. Its 111 pages, about 19,000 words of text and hundreds of photos and diagrams. If that sounds excessive....just bear in mind that it spans 25 years of mods and variations to the front struts.
Lots of things tried, lots of failures and several ways to go with each section of the mod.
I only included versions that worked but definitely warn of things that can fail. It has materials shopping list and painting notes.

It is a Microsoft word document. This was the easiest format to work in so that everyone could pretty much open it up.

It was done in Windows 7 64 bit. If need be I will make a translational doc for those with earlier word.

EDIT...sorry had to fix something...try it now
Ray

The link has been renewed at 8:20 pm central
Last edited by raygreenwood on Fri May 01, 2015 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hulken

Re: VW 411 and 412 Audi Strut Rod document (test)

Post by Hulken »

Is the link working?
raygreenwood

Re: VW 411 and 412 Audi Strut Rod document (test)

Post by raygreenwood »

Hulken wrote:Is the link working?

It works now. It must have been a spacing change when I copied the link from the post in the Samba. I copied the new link directly from the share listing on dropbox.

Thank you for letting me know there was an issue Hulken!
Ray