dellorto carbs ?

Here's the place to start. Introduce yourself and your ride.
71busboy

dellorto carbs ?

Post by 71busboy »

ok i have a pair of dellorto frd 34b does anyone have any info or anyone own these they were free with the linkage and everything off a type 3 motor i think im gonna need to play with the linkage to get to work with a type 1 right? any info would be greatly appreciated. thanx

------------------
"why are we fighting a way on drugs when i have trouble enough going to school on drugs"
JordanK

dellorto carbs ?

Post by JordanK »

There is a Dellorto tuning book available through either The Real Source or California Imports, i can't remember which. It is a good book,though, check them out.

------------------
Jordan
1963 Beetle, 5 spokes, 1776, dropped spindles, etc...
1973 Standard Beetle, stock.
1968 Fastback, stock for now
andy

dellorto carbs ?

Post by andy »

i run these with a c.b. linkage ,great darbs get the dellorto superformance tech book makes things easy
joosep

Re: dellorto carbs ?

Post by joosep »

How to tune mixture with dual frd34b on 2,0 type4?
It runs great but with black smoke and takes 2 times more gas as I would like...
1 screw is for fingers, what it changes and whitch way or whatt I have to tur to get them leaner?
Thank you...
EDIT: I red that somebody told something about fuel pressure....sorry but is there major effekt ? I´m using electric pump and I have no idea of pressure
Barry

Post by Barry »

there is only 2 adjustments
Idle speed and mixture.

Set you idles (with a sync tool) with linkage disconnected and then adjust with mixtures.
In for lean
Out to richen

Repeat as necessary till idle is right and mixture is "best lean"

If you have an electric fuel pump you WILL need a pressure regulator.
Do not go over 3 1/2 lbs pressure - and a will be guessing you are way over
joosep

Post by joosep »

thanks, I got the same result when I touched them about a half day but didn't get to know whitch way its leaner. U r sure that I should turn the screws in when its smoking black? Then it really needs a regulator because it didnt help a lot......could you show me some excample to what I should look for?
How can I be sure that the problem is with the pressure and the jets are not too big?
thanks alot (my first experience with carbs)
edit: Is it possible that too high pressure is the problem for leaking when I turn it off? there was 0,3 bar written to the box.....a bit under 5 psi would act like that? (4,3lb)