Newbie startup

Here's the place to start. Introduce yourself and your ride.
The Bean

Newbie startup

Post by The Bean »

Hey guys,
I guess let me start by saying its nice to find a informative community to be with. I have loved VWs since I was a kid, and last year I purchased my first bug (68) and traded it about 3 months ago for a 77' VW baywindow. I got to mess around with the type 1 motor a bit and rebuilt the carb and took everything apart to get an idea of how the things worked. I am not a auto anything, but know the basics and can pick up on anything I can get my hands on. I was able to trade my bug for the bus through a family friend who has 2 buses and no time to enjoy them. He wanted to see his babys go out into the world and make a few new memories. The bus has sat for about 2 years and has a touch of rust on its front window bottom. I was going to post about what to start doing before getting it back on the road, but found http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic ... 1&t=138546. That is a great help for me and I am going to start on it asap. I live in southern California in the mountains and its snowing right now, so work will start with the spring. I will be posting pics and starting a revamp post for the bus. Cant wait and look forward to learning what I can.
Ol'fogasaurus

Re: Newbie startup

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Welcome to STF, looking forward to your build.

Lee