Why did you pick the Type 4 conversion?

This is the place to discuss, or get help with any of your Type 4 questions.
Eddie Brown

Post by Eddie Brown »

tuna wrote:Anoyone else? Come on, I know there are more of you out there.

Tuna
Let me call some people out...

Ephry, Nate, Bobby (Oregon), RoachGhia...Jake should take some nice pics of the Plague for us :D
I know we have some friends "Down Under" and across the pond.

There's gotta be more out there...come on folks.

Eddie.
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

The Plague isn't very photogenic- Its all about business..
Plus I brag enough anyway- this post is for you normal guys that do this as a hobby- not as a job as well, like me... I won't hogg your bandwidth-
Plastermaster

Post by Plastermaster »

Tuna, did my pics make it to you?

Ron
tuna

Post by tuna »

Yes, sorry I didn't reply. Today wasn't a great day. Thanks, I will add one of the KG photos to your entry. :-)

Bueller, Bueller? Anyone else going to submit an entry? C'mon folks, there are more of you out there.

Tuna
Eddie Brown

Post by Eddie Brown »

Hi. I added a pic to the thread.

Late,

Eddie.
NextGen

Post by NextGen »

Hay Tuna, I shot you over 3 more photos afew weeks ago. I remember a better side view and rear shot. I appriciate you doing this for us and realize you are busy, but just wanted to see if you got them.

Joe
Joe Cali
The Type IV Upright Conversion Manual

Beetle Magnetic Deflector Shield

http://www.nextgen-usa.com
Next Generation-U.S.A.

Email: [email protected]
or
[email protected]
tuna

Post by tuna »

I got the photos Joe. I've been quite busy this last week and a half. I'll get it posted ASAP.

Tuna
NextGen

Post by NextGen »

Hi Tuna, I noticed you were not posting and must have been busy.

Thanks,
Joe
Joe Cali

Next Generation-U.S.A.

or
[email protected]
Wildrider49

Anonther 912 with a type 4

Post by Wildrider49 »

Hey Tuna,

Here's my 912 with a 2.0 type 4 conversion. Hopefully I'm not too late. I converted for the same reasons as Bob O. 912 engines are ridiculous in price vs performance. I am using 912E sheetmetal, 912E engine support mated to my own custom brackets, VW412 heat exchangers, and modified 912E Bursch exhaust. Results? I drove it to Oregon from San Diego for the PartsObsolete campout last year. No problems at all, and got 32 mpg while running 80-85 mph the whole trip. Anyone who has been on one of the North County Porsche runs I have coordinated can tell you the car still handles like a 912 which is way better than a 911!!

You (Tuna) have my permission to use any pics from my website for your page.

tuna

Post by tuna »

Thanks Tony, I got your entry posted, and you aren't too late. It's a cool car you've got there. I highly recommend you get that A-1 system, Tiger's work is awesome. What's your last name, or even just an initial?

Ron, I finally posted a picture of your car, so your entry is complete. Same for you Ron, what's the last name or last initial?

So, if you haven't submitted your Type 4 conversion, why not?! Take a look at the entries and submit your conversion.

http://www.tunacan.net/t4/owners/

C'mon people, there are more of you out there.... T3 people? Buggy guys? Anyone who's done the Type 4 conversion is welcome to share. Join in!!!

Tuna
NextGen

Post by NextGen »

Tuna thanks for adding the last photos. Guys the black and white photos are the earliest of me in THE BRONX driving my MGA with a MGB engine and trans. 1967. THe rest of the photos span 15 years of having the bug from the first conversion with black bumpers to the most recent. Also Joe Cali going from 17 to 57 years of age.

Joe
Joe Cali

Next Generation-U.S.A.

or
[email protected]
brianwheelies

Post by brianwheelies »

i haven't converted to a t4 but after reading this thread, i want to. i was thinking of going with a watercooled conversion but i think this may be the ticket.
tuna

Post by tuna »

brianwheelies,

Welcome to the T4 revolution! :wink: As soon as you do the conversion, send me the information, along with the pic of the car and the engine in the car, and I'll add you to the page. Sound good? :D

Tuna
brianwheelies

Post by brianwheelies »

body work first, engine second. i've got quite a ways to go but like i said, now i can stay aircooled, not have to worry about overheating on the highway or up hills and have the torque monster i've been dreaming of.
slowtwitch

Post by slowtwitch »

Hi Tuna,

I made the switch to type 4 after being led to your site and from reading all the pro's about the t4 on STF. I'm not looking for a 1/4 mile screamer, but, a dependable everyday driver, that once in awhile, will surprise some folks up on I-95 :wink:

I don't have any pics yet, but, I'm in the middle of building a high efficent 2 liter motor, similar to what Jake Raby is building, but with a tight budget in mind.

Even with a tight budget in mind, I splurged and sent the heads to be worked on by Len Hoffman. I didn't want to short change this area and I wanted the best and very shortly, I'll be calling Jake for a cam and crank. I will be using Joe Cali's conversion based on his great manual.

The 67 bug that will enjoy this transplant, is currently completely dismanteled and seperated from the pan. When the project is complete, I will send you pics.

pete