read this...

This is the place to discuss, or get help with any of your Type 4 questions.
GDRBO

read this...

Post by GDRBO »

I thought we were well past april 1!
juiceman

read this...

Post by juiceman »

Jake-

Are you sure you gave us the right address for this guy? I clicked on the address you gave and it send me to a page on insect collecting.

Juiceman
Joseph

read this...

Post by Joseph »

Jake,
That guy is'nt worth the time- just pass him
up. Ed the Rodent is hung up on metal. He
probably won't change. Hey, thats pretty
interesting about the "cry once" routine
that Berg used (copied). I don't think there
is ANY excuse to have to cry over ANY deal
unless you've been screwed.
Joe
Oregon Performance Products http://www.spiretech.com/~opshroud
Pete S

read this...

Post by Pete S »

The "cry once" slogan is meant for the money you'll spend on quality(cry once). Instead of constantly crying when your motor keeps breaking down from buying/using "cheaper" parts.

type4 lingo: cry once for purchasing higher priced type4 parts instead of more in-expensive type1 parts.
Although, I'm not sure how valid this statement really is.

Pete S (pursuing the "next generation")
juiceman

read this...

Post by juiceman »

Jake-

It sure got nasty in that other forum, huh! I wouldn't lose much sleep over the rodent. People often attack things, people, or ideas they don't understand. Many folks have been brainwashed by all the anti-Type IV propaganda that has been circulating for 20 years. I thought about putting a Type IV in my baja several years ago but didn't because of all the bad press they get about dropped valve seats and the like. But later I realized that in the same way a normally reliable Rabbit 1.6 diesel can be overworked and thus destroyed in a relatively short time by a heavy Vanagon, so can the Type IV aircooled powerplant. In a lighter car such as the 914, 411, 412, or Bug the engine can be extremely powerful and reliable. For those that will listen all of us are happy to share what we know about the Type IV. For those who choose to live in ignorance they become our prey at the track.

Juiceman