A few questions before assembly.

This is the place to discuss, or get help with any of your Type 4 questions.
Vwscottnc

A few questions before assembly.

Post by Vwscottnc »

Hi,

I've been lurking for a bit and I really appreciate all of the information so far. I am doing my first t4 build and it'll be going in my 56 bug as a daily driver. I'm at the point where I'll be assembling the longblock in the next couple weeks hopefully. I'd like a last check of my combo of parts and I still need to order a couple things so input is welcome. Thanks.
Std case, it's a VW of Canada reman case for a 1.8
.010 balanced stock 2.0 crank
Stock 2.0 rods, rebuilt and balanced
CB street cam and matching lifters and helical gears
Silver line main and KS cam and rod bearings
AA 96mm p/c ( going to machine shop to set cyl length)
Still waiting on heads, I have nice 1.8 heads I'll probably send to headflow Masters for rebuilt and port polish)
Stock rockers with solid spacers.

A couple of final questions though.
I plan on using the Kennedy 200mm flywheel, CSP cylinder covers with a 36 horse shroud.
Am I correct to go ahead and pull my pilot bearing out of my crank, my assumption from my research is that the new bearing presses into the new flywheel?

Last thing, using the CSP cyl covers and alternator mount, is there and machine work I'm missing that can't be done once assembly is done? My research tells me it'll be very minor drilling.

Also, is there a reason noone uses cb cams on these motors? I've put them in countless type 1 motors with no issues.

Thanks everyone for the help!