drd Racing Heads problem

This is the place to discuss, or get help with any of your Type 4 questions.
KarmannRocket

drd Racing Heads problem

Post by KarmannRocket »

Hi Guys
I'm wondering are there other VW enthusiasts having trouble getting through to the people at DRD Racing Heads Company? I paid for new L6 type 4 heads in May last year they keep promising that they'll be finished but nothing.
Can't get any reply from them via email or Ph. for the last 2months. Does anybody know these people?
Need help to get through. :(
damo99

Re: drd Racing Heads problem

Post by damo99 »

i emailed them last week they got straight back to me ,
maybe try emailing them from another email account
to see if they are just ignoring you .
i am just about to order a set of heads from them
but i will pay by paypal so if they do not send the order
i can get my money back
bj

Post by bj »

send and email and leave a voice mail as one last effort...then dispute the charge with the CC company?

its not like them to do that though. i thought he got out of the type 4 head offerings too...?

BJ
KarmannRocket

Post by KarmannRocket »

Hi VW enthusiasts beware of DRD RacingHeads.
It's been nearly two years since l paid for parts from DRDRacing and still haven't received my vw type4 heads.
And they weren't cheap.
All this time l send Darren emails and phone messages with no response.
Even had friends go there, to his factory.
And they told them to go away.(Its got nothing to do with you.)
I'm located is Australia so he obviously doesn't give a poop if your not from the USA.
I purchase a lot of parts from the States and always had very good service,
until now.
Hope people read this and stay away from Darren and DRD Racing Heads.
I have always love VW since a teenager and now that l'm older and can afford to restore my car l come across these a..holes.
Sign disgruntled customer.
farmer

Post by farmer »

If you wired the money through your bank you can try ands see if they can help you reclaim the money based on no receipt of parts. 2 years is a long time. Maybe the claim has fallen for a time line.

Or you could try and team up with a couple of local VW people and have them pay him a visit to "wake him up" I did that with another reluctant vendor once. Suddenly I got my money back.

Wrt the heads themselves, don´t be so sorry that you may need to find another supplier. That guy still lives in the 90íes where size and numbers were all that counts. Today there are much better head porters out there, that will do a set for you for about the same money.

I do hope you will get your money back though.

T