Exhaust system.

This is the place to discuss, or get help with any of your Type 4 questions.
English Lad

Re: Exhaust system.

Post by English Lad »

Ove I emailed the guys at vintage speed to get the correct muffler for the HP produced and engine displacement just prior to purchase and was pleased i did as the sport version would have been too small for my application.plus as these exhausts last a long time what if you want to upgrade your power?would that mean upgrading your exhaust.Somewhere on their site i am sure there is a link to a youtube demo of their exhausts against other popular exhausts all done on a rolling road dyno which was interesting .

rgds Nigel
Ove

Post by Ove »

Yes - I have seen the video's on youtube :-)
I thought that the "super" version seemed quite a lot louder than the "sport".
But you don't think it's too loud for normal street use ?
Can I ask what HP you have ?

Rgds
Ove
English Lad

Post by English Lad »

Ove the super version is much quieter than any of the so called performance exhausts that i have used on my bay window to date.Admittedly i have never installed a quality exhaust system from the likes of Lee Arnold ,Turbo Thomas ,A1 etc ,but the likes of Bug Pack,Empi,Thunderbird all which i have used,the vintage speed system in my experience beats them hands down on sound,quality,longevity and performance.My HP i don't know the exact figures as i have never had the bus on a dyno.The engine has 36 dells,Mild bus cam,reworked heads and the vintage speed muffler on stock heat exchangers so i recon it will be 8-10 hp above the stock 2ltr bus hp but as i intend to increase power at a later date i got the super version so i don't have to buy exhaust system twice means more £ s for other performance goodies.
rgds Nigel
Ove

Post by Ove »

Thanks for good reply Nigel.
I have found out I need oval ports for my engine.
Will try to find some good heaterboxes ( bus 72-74) and most
probably order the same system as you from Vintage Speed :-)

Rgds
Ove