type1 lifter for typeIV???

This is the place to discuss, or get help with any of your Type 4 questions.
knalpot

type1 lifter for typeIV???

Post by knalpot »

http://cgi.ebay.de/Stoessel-Buchsen-fue ... dZViewItem
since I dont speak good german I hope I dont get it wrong!! so with this cyliders you can use type1 lifters as typeIV lifter??
anybody know more about this , are they worth it???
Thanks.
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Yes, they also work for WBX conversions since they use a TI style cam with a TIV lifter..

I also make these, but they have their own set of issues with the lifters. Most TIV cams don't have the proper lobe taper to properly spin a lifter with the diameter of a TI. I only use them past 320 degrees of duration due to this.
Wally

Post by Wally »

What material are those bushes made of?

Most I've seen are bronze-coloured and (partly) made of the material (alloy) of the colour :lol: for better lubrication.

I use a type 1 style lifter in my own engines and since then I have never had a failure with a combination of a german Schleicher cam and german Mahle type 1 lifters.
T4T: 2,4ltr Type 4 Turbo engine, 10.58 1/4 mi
www.apfelbeck.nl
"Mine isn't turbo'd to make a slow engine fast, but to make a fast engine insane" - Chip Birks
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Last I heard RIMCO used steel bushings.

Yeah, I thought it weird too.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

The steel bushings have their place... They work real well with DLC coated lifters, zero friction and zero wear!